Just what you non tax payers have done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think most Republicans would agree that everyone should be required to pay their legally owed taxes. What is worrisome is that the IRS will become (or already is) "weaponized" like the current DOJ, FBI, etc...to target political enemies of the current administration. They worry that while major corporations that support liberal politicians and organizations will escape tax scrutiny for the most part, small conservative business owners will become the target. They don't feel they should be hassled while the major corps with all their CPAs and lawyers skirt paying millions. And even ultimately if the small-time conservative is paying an honest tax, he/she will still be subject to the stress and time of an IRS audit.

You're actually trying to put the left and the right in two different boxes? LOLOLOL

Left wing, right wing. It takes two wings to fly.

Clue: Lobbyist don't care what party a politician belongs too. Neither does the IRS. In fact, neither do most of the politicians themselves. They just pretend to.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the last time the IRS audited me they ended up owing me money. But if half the tax cheats paid their fair amount taxes instead doing a lot money under the table per say then we would not be in the mess financially that this country is in and everybody would be paying lower taxes. The current tax rates do try to take in account those tax cheats by making honest tax payers pay more.

But to be honest here I not going to pay my taxes next year...then maybe they get off their backsides and get my account straighten out. If they just sending out letters as they have been the last 3+ years they will just keep getting them returned as I have for the last two years.

There's no such thing as a "fair amount of taxes," when the government is funding gender studies in Pakistan & Afghanistan Or some parade in Progue. Or some political opposition candidate in Hungary. They fund so much stupid crap, that it would actually be patriotic if everyone just stopped paying taxes for a year, and demand they stop sending money out of the country.
So to heck with them at their tax revenue. I'm not paying them to build a hydro damn in Afghanistan when we got roads and bridges here that need repairs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This I can agree with in part as we do need to take care of our country first (people and infrastructure) and then help others if anything is left over. Just look all the nice things those those had before the idiots started destroying everything and expecting us to rebuild it so they destroy it again.

And yes it takes a least two wings to fly but right now it also requires both flapping at same time. Right now they can't even flap one wing. But getting them to agree on anything is like getting everyone at the family dinner to agree on what to eat, everybody wants something different. Even my chickens get along better than the human family.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
This I can agree with in part as we do need to take care of our country first (people and infrastructure) and then help others if anything is left over. Just look all the nice things those those had before the idiots started destroying everything and expecting us to rebuild it so they destroy it again.

And yes it takes a least two wings to fly but right now it also requires both flapping at same time. Right now they can't even flap one wing. But getting them to agree on anything is like getting everyone at the family dinner to agree on what to eat, everybody wants something different. Even my chickens get along better than the human family.
The planet and the resources it provides is not infinite. We seem to forget that with 7.5 billion people we are going to eventually run out of resources and places to put people. We should take care of America first. We are often stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime by helping other countries and not addressing the numerous issues we have.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every day I see more and more good farm turned to developments. Here two year a 1100 acre farm was turned into a solar farm. And of the farmland being for housing is multi family. (apartments and condos)

One person said to me we better learn to be termites but even that would work with all the steel and concrete used. There is already more humans than the planet can support easily. What is countries like Russia destroying Ukraine farmland just to take it for themselves which will be nearly useless for decades because of unexploded ordnance that injury and kill even the new farmers.

We got to have some population control. Just at places like Hong Kong, New York City, and the Gaza Strip where there so many people there no way for them to feed themselves, it all has to be imported. Personally I haven't added to problem as when I was a young I decided on not having any kids.

Either we control our population or learn to eat each other like in some of the movies I have seen. Or we be on a planet like one depicted on Star Trek where they had only standing room.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I guess a cross between Logan's Run and Soylent Green should fix the problem.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thinking along the same lines as it appears to be direction we are heading. Along with Terminator robots as AI is now taking root. Already heard one case where a lawyer used to write his client's defense speech. And it didn't go well for the client

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

They agree on what their lobbyist tell them to agree on. Period. End of story. Regardless of what they only "say" on TV and to reporters, when it comes to things their lobbyist demand, they will agree on, and it usually won't account for a recorded vote.
Did you know that to be on a House or Senate committee, the person who gets that committee seat has to pay about $1.5 million per year? Guess who pays for that seat up front? 9 times out of 10, it's a lobbyist. Of course the "paperwork" will say the politician is to raise money and pay the lobbyist back. But you know, if the politician votes as he's told to, he doesn't have to pay it all back. The money he/she raises can go to the political party's instead.
Committee's are code for "lobbyist approval." This is why so many good bills die in committee.

Also, starting with Boehner, then sent into hyperdrive by Pelosi & Ryan, even amendments have to be approved in committee before they get an vote on the House or Senate floor. LMAO.. So when I heard Pelosi, Ryan or McCarthy crying about someone stealing our democracy, I can only smh.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every day I see more and more good farm turned to developments. Here two year a 1100 acre farm was turned into a solar farm. And of the farmland being for housing is multi family. (apartments and condos)

One person said to me we better learn to be termites but even that would work with all the steel and concrete used. There is already more humans than the planet can support easily. What is countries like Russia destroying Ukraine farmland just to take it for themselves which will be nearly useless for decades because of unexploded ordnance that injury and kill even the new farmers.

We got to have some population control. Just at places like Hong Kong, New York City, and the Gaza Strip where there so many people there no way for them to feed themselves, it all has to be imported. Personally I haven't added to problem as when I was a young I decided on not having any kids.

Either we control our population or learn to eat each other like in some of the movies I have seen. Or we be on a planet like one depicted on Star Trek where they had only standing room.

We got plenty of farm land to support this country, still. In fact, there's a ton of farmers the government pays to not farm.

Population control? Yeah na. That's giving the government waaaaaaay to much authority over our private lives. What are they going to do, put the parent in jail for having too many babies? Castrate a father of too many kids? Forced hysterectomies?

They tried this in China. But remember, China is a communist country. We don't want to go down that road any further than we already are.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
The planet and the resources it provides is not infinite. We seem to forget that with 7.5 trillion people we are going to eventually run out of resources and places to put people. We should take care of America first. We are often stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime by helping other countries and not addressing the numerous issues we have.

It would seem that we have to help out every other country in the world. But I don't see any of them helping us. We have a fentanyl problem & homeless problem. But I don't see Israel or the UK (who are two very rich allies) sending us money to help deal with it.
We just keep borrowing more and more, and that reduces the value of our own currency. So it exacerbates our monetary problems even worse. Because it then costs more to fight the drug runners and help the homeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.