Just what you non tax payers have done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1/3rd? They're getting greedy. It used to be 10%.
Why do you think 2/3 of flock left? Then the church nearly lost the new building because they couldn't make the mortgage payments. They got lucky that someone came to their rescue.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why do you think 2/3 of flock left? Then the church nearly lost the new building because they couldn't make the mortgage payments. They got lucky that someone came to their rescue.

Is this that same church where that rich woman went to jail. I can't remember her name but she was a real con artist outside of Nashville.
1698632294248.png

KM Richards

Threads
What you are seeing is the net effect of Reganonomics

At least back then we achieved something... like the soviets going broke and our military so built up nobody dared think about messing with us or our allies... and it setup the financial boom of the 90s.

Yeah, it's sad that most people are such cry babies that they get all mad if others disagree with their politics and/or religion. crazy.gif

Is this that same church where that rich woman went to jail. I can't remember her name but she was a real con artist outside of Nashville.

Easy fix for that... just refrain from attending that church or allowing thoughts about them to enter your mind, and you'll be all set! walking_away.gif

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least back then we achieved something... like the soviets going broke and our military so built up nobody dared think about messing with us or our allies... and it setup the financial boom of the 90s.
All it took was increasing the debt ceiling 17 times. 1 tax decrease and 4 tax increases. (all within Reagans term)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And all the Republicans wants to do is to cut off their noses to sprite their faces. If the IRS improves and collects of owed taxes are collected and the refunds are paid then the government would not be so in debit. Then we can consider cutting the tax rates for everyone. It is the tax cheats that causing the financial problems.

It like most of us in business when don't get paid what is owed we lose operating capital as we had still spent the money getting the parts. Firing our collection officer just makes getting paid even harder so we go further in debit due to expenses and uncollected payments.

It just like one company here that is taking payment under the table, working employees but not paying employment taxes, not collecting sales tax on cash sales, and pocketing the unreported cash sales. They are building up fast because of the cheating the system. Yet they claim to highly Christian owners with crosses on their buildings. Not in my view. On top those employees are also hurting themselves in the long run as it reduces their SS payments when it comes time to collect it.

And btw I do take non-payers to small claims court and collect what is owed along with court costs. They also get barred from my place. They can drive another 30 miles one way to the next good shop.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just normal fleecing of the flock comes to mind.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
that lady is a goof ball. Con artist is correct

She was. She's dead now (I just read about it) But yeah, she was a filthy rich preacher with a weight loss scheme. There's a movie about what she did. (or a documentary) It's been some years since I watched it though.

The last time I went to church, our preacher, his wife, the two deacons and their wives, got into bit of trouble with the church. The church had been raising money for a mission to Africa. Well, one of the deacons wives was posting pics to her FB, using the "only me" selection, so no one could see. By mistake, she posted two of those pics under global. Turns out, they were using the mission money for a trip to Hawaii.
Needless to say, before the day was out, they were no longer members of the church.
That was it for me. I knew the tv preacher were crooks. But I didn't think small town preachers were.

troverman

Threads
And all the Republicans wants to do is to cut off their noses to sprite their faces. If the IRS improves and collects of owed taxes are collected and the refunds are paid then the government would not be so in debit. Then we can consider cutting the tax rates for everyone. It is the tax cheats that causing the financial problems.

It like most of us in business when don't get paid what is owed we lose operating capital as we had still spent the money getting the parts. Firing our collection officer just makes getting paid even harder so we go further in debit due to expenses and uncollected payments.

It just like one company here that is taking payment under the table, working employees but not paying employment taxes, not collecting sales tax on cash sales, and pocketing the unreported cash sales. They are building up fast because of the cheating the system. Yet they claim to highly Christian owners with crosses on their buildings. Not in my view. On top those employees are also hurting themselves in the long run as it reduces their SS payments when it comes time to collect it.

And btw I do take non-payers to small claims court and collect what is owed along with court costs. They also get barred from my place. They can drive another 30 miles one way to the next good shop.

I think most Republicans would agree that everyone should be required to pay their legally owed taxes. What is worrisome is that the IRS will become (or already is) "weaponized" like the current DOJ, FBI, etc...to target political enemies of the current administration. They worry that while major corporations that support liberal politicians and organizations will escape tax scrutiny for the most part, small conservative business owners will become the target. They don't feel they should be hassled while the major corps with all their CPAs and lawyers skirt paying millions. And even ultimately if the small-time conservative is paying an honest tax, he/she will still be subject to the stress and time of an IRS audit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the last time the IRS audited me they ended up owing me money. But if half the tax cheats paid their fair amount taxes instead doing a lot money under the table per say then we would not be in the mess financially that this country is in and everybody would be paying lower taxes. The current tax rates do try to take in account those tax cheats by making honest tax payers pay more.

But to be honest here I not going to pay my taxes next year...then maybe they get off their backsides and get my account straighten out. If they just sending out letters as they have been the last 3+ years they will just keep getting them returned as I have for the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.