Just what you non tax payers have done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Americans failed to pay record $688 billion in taxes in 2021, IRS says. Look for more audits.​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-irs-says-unpaid-tax-gap-at-record-688-billion/

I just wonder how much the IRS has fail to pay in refunds. I know they owe me nearly $3000 over the last 4 yrs and they are refusing to straighten out my account so I joining the group of not paying my taxes next filing period. Even the IRS Tax Advocacy is refusing to return my phone calls now.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You do know that Don Quixote is a mythical character?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't all the extremist believe he is real just like Elvis is alive and living large or that John Kennedy is still alive?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Elvis is in witness protection in Mena Arkansas
Between the property tax, income tax, capital gains tax,school tax and sales tax they sure get their pound of flesh from me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If we want to live is a society then taxes are a necessary evil
Getting every one to pay them is a different matter
And you forgot death duties but I suppose they won't get them out of you.
If everyone paid their taxes then the amount we all pay will be smaller
I have always believed that progressive taxation is stupid as it just encourages fraud
For companies again, profit tax just gets big bonuses for evil accountants .
Turn over tax is the only one big business can not avoid
Then there is Tobin tax ( on Fx transactions ) the proposed tax of 0.01% on all currency exchanges would end third world poverty in under 10 years
But apparently a tax of 1¢ per $ 100 is more than Wall St can afford

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well that is the problem here. Getting everyone to pay their fair share would be nice as the overall tax rates can be lowered. But like local bigshot here that does things under the table and he even got in on it as he is paying income taxes on them either. But they will regret it later as it does affect the amount of social security monthly they will received later.

Personally I am at my retirement age so I be now drawing my little monthly SS payments in the next few months and don't have depend on the repair business to keep ends nearly meeting. Plus I will medical insurance finally after 20 yrs of not having any.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And people wonder why I say Australia is the best place on the planet to live
Average income tax ≈ 30% GST 10% land tax ( goes to local government ) ≈ 0.005 % of property value Can not remember what land sales tax is but no death duties and the local conservaties are always bitching the taxes are too high .
Free medical to all
My opp was $ 45,000 if done in a private hospital

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Elvis is in witness protection in Mena Arkansas
Between the property tax, income tax, capital gains tax,school tax and sales tax they sure get their pound of flesh from me.

I'm starting to wonder about Elvis. He hasn't been seen in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.