Engines...

Which Engine?

• Total voters

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Please vote for which of the two well known engine brands you prefer, and reply telling me why if you wish.

I'm just interested, as I own a B&S, and my friend owns a Tecumseh. We both think our engines are reliable, but both of us are biased, so I need an unbiased opinion!

Jetblast

Threads
Briggs & Stratton and your friend likes soggy Weetabix. That's completely unbiased.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think anyone voting in a poll will be biased toward the one they vote for, eh? :wink:

"Soggy Weetabix"? That is funny.....:laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It would likely end up B&S...
Tecumseh has had a very poor reputation for quite a long time... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hence them going defunct in 2006!

Maybe in Europe, but they are very much around here! Just about every snowblower in production comes with the Tecumseh "Snow King".

You should have specified old or new Teks. The old cast-iron ones rivalled Kohler in quality. They started to go downhill in the 80's.......the early aluminum-blocked Teks were pretty good engines.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Maybe in Europe, but they are very much around here! Just about every snowblower in production comes with the Tecumseh "Snow King".

You should have specified old or new Teks. The old cast-iron ones rivalled Kohler in quality. They started to go downhill in the 80's.......the early aluminum-blocked Teks were pretty good engines.
They are still in production, but they've stopped selling lawn mower engines... I think... :confused2:

jd335

Threads
It would likely end up B&S...
Tecumseh has had a very poor reputation for quite a long time... :smile:KennyV
i agree 100 percent tecs has never been a engine of choise in these parts lots of problems.