Engines...

Which Engine?

• Total voters

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I say Briggs. Tecumseh had poor quality engines and no longer in business.
Near the end Tecumseh were making poor quality engines, but in their earlier years they made quite good engines.

jamesslcx

Threads
I kinda thought Tec. engines were not as good as the rest until I bought an old Craftsman push mower from a yard sale, I cleaned the carb and chiseled out the two ounces of tar from the crankcase filled up everything and it ran like a top. That gave me a lot more respect for them!

Dangeroustoys56

Threads
i used to have teccy motored push mower - came with the place i bot years ago - PO never maintained it - so a spent a couple hours changing the oil, tune up, ect - now the odd part.

It ran before the tune up, it didnt run after - i tried everything to get it to run - so i put all the old stuff back on ( even the old oil in it) and it fired right up. I never changed the oil or checked it again after that - it was starting to knock a lil bit near the end (i was hoping to see a rod come flying out) - i ended up leaving it with the house when i sold it .

ketron47

Threads
Other: Onan Have a 20hp on my 96 MTD. Never a problem and still running strong!:thumbsup: