ENGINE OIL TEMP AFTER MOWING

tankdriver

Threads
Great Engine! But.. not worth having to buy a Dodge to get it.

Hey, now you gone to melding......:mad:

I love my Dodges My wifes Grand Caravan has over 298,000. My Doge Ram has over 230,000. Both have been great vehicles. Bigest expense on the wife's was a Radiator.

Best enging ever made IMHO is the Dodge Slan Six, You can't kill it with a sledge hammer....:smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey, now you gone to melding......:mad:

I love my Dodges My wifes Grand Caravan has over 298,000. My Doge Ram has over 230,000. Both have been great vehicles. Bigest expense on the wife's was a Radiator.

Best enging ever made IMHO is the Dodge Slan Six, You can't kill it with a sledge hammer....:smile:

Horse Puckey !!! Either Ford 4.9 straight six, or GM 3.8 V6.

robert

Threads
JD, the Cummins 5.9 (?) is the best diesel engine of its size ever made period and I wish my truck had this rather than the Ford-but when you're choice is either a 6.0 or V10, is there really any choice to be made? Running a very close second, for its class, is the GM DMax, but for me I'll take ' six for sure everytime', old time leo's will understand that statement..... The GM is a work of art BUT why have eight when six gets the job done - better?

With regard to the Ford 6.0, the well documented 'failures' have mostly been head gaskets BUT the vast majority of those problems seem to have been self inflicted due to owners using performance chips, or rather this is the association I have seen reading posts. But, there have also been numerous issues reported by fleet operators, mostly ambulance companies.
I only know that the truck I use, an '07 with 78,000 miles on it runs flawlessly, uses not a drop of oil between its 5,000 changes-synthetic since 1,000 miles however it has no mods at all.
The best diesels we have had was the original 5 cyl MB used in the Sprinter vans and the numberous VW TDI's, all 1.9's-7 total.

BlackBart, yes the Company is Amsoil and I have gone from being the biggest critic (I always called it 'scamsoil') to one of the brands biggest promoters and I only use it for our own vehicles-and all our power equipment-I am not a dealer.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
Horse Puckey !!! Either Ford 4.9 straight six, or GM 3.8 V6.

the 300 ford 6 is one of my favorite engines of all time....just a beautiful example of the breed..stock they weren't much to yell about....but with some basic upgrades....just AWESOME!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
the 300 ford 6 is one of my favorite engines of all time....just a beautiful example of the breed..stock they weren't much to yell about....but with some basic upgrades....just AWESOME!

I have a '90 F150 regular cab stored in my barn, purchased it new, it had the E4OD and injected 4.9 six and 3.08 gears. Stored it in '02 after the fuel tanks began leaking. Factory tow rating was 5,000 pounds. I added a Flowmaster exhaust, secondary trans cooler, secondary electric cooling fan, and it would tow my 6400 lb travel trailer anyplace I wanted and deliver 11.5 mpg in the process. Solo, it would give me 18-19 on the freeway. Have always loved the torque a straight-six engine will deliver.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
its just a damned beautiful engine...i guess im biased about strait sixes though:biggrin:

Black Bart

Threads
The slant 6 was one of the best engines Mopar ever built but it was not nearly as good as the Ford 300
in-line 6 it was an awesome engine.

My thread has been taken so far off topic that anyone that clicks on this thread thinking it is about oil temp is in for a surprise.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The slant 6 was one of the best engines Mopar ever built but it was not nearly as good as the Ford 300
in-line 6 it was an awesome engine.

My thread has been taken so far off topic that anyone that clicks on this thread thinking it is about oil temp is in for a surprise.

I started a thread in TBN about a cat owner who killed the dog that attacked her cat and it is weaving all over the place. I enjoy threads that meander, those are so interesting. BTW that slant-6 225 engine would really be something if it were modded and upgraded with new technology, my girlfriend had a '74 Duster, the engine was slow but super reliable and easy to work on.

Black Bart

Threads
I started a thread in TBN about a cat owner who killed the dog that attacked her cat and it is weaving all over the place. I enjoy threads that meander, those are so interesting. BTW that slant-6 225 engine would really be something if it were modded and upgraded with new technology, my girlfriend had a '74 Duster, the engine was slow but super reliable and easy to work on.

I know a guy that has a slant-6 in a 34 Ford street rod it has a cam and dual carbs you should see the look on peoples face when he raises the hood.

OH Yea he gets awesome fuel mileage.

robert

Threads
Didn't that Ford 6 have wrist pin issues?
I agree about topics taking on a second, third or fourth life, so to speak.