ENGINE OIL TEMP AFTER MOWING

Black Bart

Threads
Tonight I mowed my lawn and before I started i checked the ambient temp with 2 digital thermometers and then I shot the the siding on the garage with my heat gun to check the calibration
It was within a 1/10th of a degree of the digital thermometers.
Ambient temp was 79.8

I fast idled it until the oil was 140 then I started mowing.

After 40 minutes the filter was 157 F and I shot the lower crankcase where the oil level would be and it was 187F.
Since air was flowing over the filter it makes sense it would read a little less.

Since I'm using 5-40 T-6 I don't think I need to bother with a oil cooler full synthetic is happy at 225F and can run at much higher.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
that sounds pretty damn good! :thumbsup:.........what mower is this and what engine does it have?

Black Bart

Threads
that sounds pretty damn good! :thumbsup:.........what mower is this and what engine does it have?

New JD Z Trak with B&S Apparently the engine out in the open where it can get fresh air runs a lot cooler than one under a hood.

That is probably why my JD 180 has a partition kinda like a box under the hood and it fits right down on the engine air intake and it can only draw air from outside.

This makes it draw cool air not the HOT air under the hood.

EdwardBaker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yesterday I was driving my car and when I reach office I saw the oil is getting leak from oil tank. I check all the parts but nothing found.I am not a good mechanic please help me.

Black Bart

Threads
Yesterday I was driving my car and when I reach office I saw the oil is getting leak from oil tank. I check all the parts but nothing found.I am not a good mechanic please help me.

What kind of car do you have that has a oil tank.
Only one I can think of with a dry sump is a ZR-1 Corvette.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

This is a MOWER AND YARD EQUIPMENT SITE so you should not be posting auto repair questions here in the first place.

OIL TANK??????? 99.9% of cars on the road do not have an oil tank. If you are so mechanically inept you cannot figure out what part it is leaking from you obviously better take your car someplace where they know something. Do you even know it is oil? Could be coolant, could be PS fluid, could be ATF fluid, could be washer fluid.....

robert

Threads
I liked Ed's post and I would also like to welcome him to the forum...

BlackBart, when you say 'heat gun' what are you referring to?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since air was flowing over the filter it makes sense it would read a little less.

Since I'm using 5-40 T-6 I don't think I need to bother with a oil cooler full synthetic is happy at 225F and can run at much higher.

Oil filters are a great place to shed heat... Larger filters will also give more area to dump heat....
Your oil looks to be running very cool...
Very Good synthetic... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I liked Ed's post and I would also like to welcome him to the forum...

BlackBart, when you say 'heat gun' what are you referring to?

You liked Ed's post.....:confused2::confused2:

OK, can anybody here help me with this? I have a leak in my kitchen sink, it could be water, but I don't know if it's water or not. If it's water, can somebody tell me if it is hot or cold water? Softened water or hard water? Well water, or public water? Dirty water or clean water? I would include a picture but I don't know how to attach one. Thanks for your help, hope I was detailed enough.