Will you mow when the grass is slightly wet?

Will you mow when the grass is slightly wet?

• Total voters
Threads
After I wash it out I just grease the fittings and letter rip. using a mower under those kind of conditions is brutal but if you don't a lot of years you won't cut much grass cause sometimes it rains everyday for days on end especially during Dog Days.

Yeah I agree.....it will be harder to cut since the grass will get really tall and since you won't do it as often you won't make as much money! :thumbdown:

BHLC

Threads
With the spring and fall we had last year, I had no choice to mow wet! Late in October I mowed frost! Didn't go so well haha!

BHLC

Threads
Ohh well learned something new! Haha!

jeffery9076

Threads
I will mow wet anytime unless my wheels leave tracks and bring mud to the surface. Then stop. As for grass clumps coming out of the chute. That's what my stihl br600 are for. We blow any grass rows and side walk and drive off when were done. The biggest problem is the grass on drives from the tires. Stay out of drives when really wet.

BHLC

Threads
I will mow wet anytime unless my wheels leave tracks and bring mud to the surface. Then stop. As for grass clumps coming out of the chute. That's what my stihl br600 are for. We blow any grass rows and side walk and drive off when were done. The biggest problem is the grass on drives from the tires. Stay out of drives when really wet.

Amen to that!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

We have even mowed when mud came to the surface. If you shut down and wait for it to dry off it won't get cut sometimes.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some times of the year you have to be more concerned with being able to manage it than make it look that good. Of course we want it to look good but if it gets knee deep it becomes a bigger more unsightly mess.....

jeffery9076

Threads
Yes and the mud comes off in the next mow anyhow. Most people that complain are just complainers anyhow. But I do get ask wether I mow in the rain. I say depends on rain or sprinkling and if in the middle of doing it I always finish. I have never had any problems. Like you said it gets high if you don't mow. :thumbsup: