Whats up with ads on posts here?

mystreba

Threads
That ain't the answer, either....that's like saying "just take what the politicians give you, cause it'll never change." that's just BS! If we don't complain when we don't like a change, it'll be assumed that the change is just fine with us.

Big thumbsdown, mystreba.........:thumbdown:

But you weren't complaining about ads. You were complaining about speed. That's a legitimate complaint.

The thread degenerated into a complaint about ads in general - as if we could expect a FREE web forum with no ads whatsoever. That's not complaining. That's whining :wink:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
But you weren't complaining about ads. You were complaining about speed. That's a legitimate complaint.

The thread degenerated into a complaint about ads in general - as if we could expect a FREE web forum with no ads whatsoever. That's not complaining. That's whining :wink:

I've said all along I understand the NEED for advertising, but, I also backed up JD on the ANNOYING kind of advertising, and that is exactly what killed my speed. There is a link between the two, man.

You can't have 'free' and 'anything goes because we have to pay for it'....and have a cool, quick site....that is also my point. I was also whining, because I hate advertisers that haven't a brain betwixt their ear lobes. And they LOVE a website that is looking for advertisers....:mad:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
The app should have been unaffected entirely by the ads since the app is ad-free. I'm not sure what was going on with that.

As always, please post your feedback and let us know if you have any problems accessing the site before taking drastic measures like abandoning us. :ashamed:

The purpose of this forum is to exchange knowledge and information about lawn mowing and lawn equipment, NOT to shove ads down people's throats or make money off the membership. Yes, we do need to pay the bills with a LIMITED number of ads, but we will always put user experience first and try to keep the ads at a minimum.

mystreba

Threads
The app should have been unaffected entirely by the ads since the app is ad-free. I'm not sure what was going on with that.

As always, please post your feedback and let us know if you have any problems accessing the site before taking drastic measures like abandoning us. :ashamed:

The purpose of this forum is to exchange knowledge and information about lawn mowing and lawn equipment, NOT to shove ads down people's throats or make money off the membership. Yes, we do need to pay the bills with a LIMITED number of ads, but we will always put user experience first and try to keep the ads at a minimum.

Thanks man, you're doing a great job. I also sporadically noticed the speed issue on the computer (IE8), so I don't think it was limited to the app. I assumed it was a traffic/server issue - which I took as a sign that I needed to get up off my computer and GET SOME WORK DONE!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks to Muhammad & crew for being responsive to our gripes - moreso than we may know.

I've been surfing the net (like a dummy) since I got this computer as ADMINISTRATOR (as dumb as surfing the 'net as 'root' in Lynux/Un!x systems)! I finally got my user account set up, but that means I also had to re-configure everything about IE8. When I got to LMF, I noticed you can now close that very annoying box on the homepage that covered up the 'login' box.

Very nice indeed!