Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!
Then you would have the HS56CE which does not have a spark arrester. Note: the NGK CMR6H spark plugs are bad to fail so have spare one on hand.

Now if you had the HS56CEZ then you would of had a spark arrester.

dennis123

Forum Newbie
Threads
Then you would have the HS56CE which does not have a spark arrester. Note: the NGK CMR6H spark plugs are bad to fail so have spare one on hand.

Now if you had the HS56CEZ then you would of had a spark arrester.
Thanks for that information. However, the name on top, says HS 56c would that be incorrect.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for that information. However, the name on top, says HS 56c would that be incorrect.
Here is a snip out of the old Mediacat.
hs56b.JPG

Tim Murphy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just have 1 Stihl product....an FS 66...my high school (47 yrs ago) buddy died and his wife said "here....something is wrong with it.."
I figured out the problem but Stihl doesn't make parts for that model anymore. I need a coil and can't find one anywhere. I've called the local repair shops looking for a used one to buy but no luck...Anybody have any ideas?

rjsdavis

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Stihl equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Glad to be here - looking forward to using this site to keep my Stihl kit running in the years to come!

I have 2 Kombi engines (130R & 85), a number of the attachments, an HS45 & 46C, a BR240 and 86 blower and an FS87 strimmer.

Last edited:

ShaneStihlsHome

Forum Newbie
Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hi, I'm Shane from Florida.
I have a FSA 56 trimmer, anybody know about those? I don't think they make them anymore.
Anyway, I'm debating expanding my Stihl electric equipment, since I already have the AK20 battery and AL101 charger, which apparently charges all Stihl batteries except the handhelds. I'm looking to buy a new blower, but Stihl has my options limited at the moment because all of the newer models do not come with the newer AP battery. Are they on a shortage of them maybe?

AutoMechanic

Threads
Hello. I just picked up a Stihl weed eater model number FS 55 RC. It is excellent. Much better than the battery one we got and returned immediately. Also have a vintage Stihl chainsaw from probably the 70s or 80s that I was given by a neighbor whose basement flooded and the chainsaw got wet. It runs great still. I’m a auto mechanic by trade but love working on anything and have recently gotten more into small engines. Glad to be a part of the forum. And the Stihl family.

TLloyd

Threads
hello my name is joe and i owne many stihl products, actually thats all i will owne, but one has me baffeld :confused2:
Hello

Hello, I’m Lloyd. Retired and bought my first gas powered weed eater - FS 70 R - about 10 months ago. Need to add items to it so that’s why I’m here!

ChiefH

Threads
I own 2 MS251 chainsaws, BR550 backpack blower, SH86 shredder/blower, FS110R line trimmer. 2 Troybilt law mowers, Troybilt 2410 snow thrower, Earthquake chipper shredder. I usually do all my own maintenance and repair. I even do vehicle maintenance and repair as needed.
My first engine overhaul was when I was in High School and my dad said go ahead and overhaul our mower. So without having a manual or Youtube, and having just tools, to took the Clinton engine apart, carefully putting the parts in several small cardboard boxes. My dad looked at what I had done and later brought home new parts to go into the engine. I reassembled it and it worked perfectly and with lots more power. That i s how I stated in small engine repair.