Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!

Diemaker

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Stihl equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Diemaker here from Michigan. Have followed la

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Stihl power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Stihl owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello all. Diemaker here from Michigan. Not exactly sure how I got started following the lawn mower forum years back but have continued to follow the Stihl forum now. I have a string trimmer, 2 chainsaws, and 2 backpack blowers. All are still running just fine but never know when I might need some advice about keeping them running fine.

wheelie

Threads
Hi All.. I am Ted,, I have ran Stihl chainsaws for decades .. I now only have a Stihl FS 40C trimmer and a little Stihl MS 180 chainsaw...

python33

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!
I have an FS 45 Trimmer and recently purchased a BG 50 blower. I'm here for advice on best practices to keep them running at their best.

rcsmith270

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! I own an MS211c, MS250, and FS38 trimmer

tcf0065

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hello Stihl forum - I have a BG56 leaf blower which would not start. I have changed the carburetor and the fuel lines, the air filter, the spark plug and the coil and it will still not start. Any ideas as to what I could try next? Thanks

sapponetta

Forum Newbie
Threads

We want to make this the best resource for Stihl owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos?

Hello, new here stumped.on a km90t
Articles? Links? Cool Stihl stuff? Post it here!

NickVDI

Forum Newbie
Threads

Greetings, thank you for allowing me to join. Nick here from South Africa. I have a Stihl brush cutter FS 120, and a FS 235, also a MS 250 chain saw. Looking forward to discuss any matters with you guys.

beaverplt

Threads
Hi, New to this forum. I own a Stihl 025 chainsaw that I've had for over 20 years. Great tool.

Cmoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, new member here. Currently trying to figure out what’s wrong with my stihl fs74 trimmer. It won’t start.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spark + fuel + compression = bang
One of the 3 is missing
So some where in the dark pull the plug out, lay it on a metal part and pull the starter
Spark = good , no spark , try a new plug
Still no spark take off the cover and remove the small wire form the coil
Spark = bad switch or chaffed wire , no spark = dead coil

Assuming you got a spark, next is to check using a can of carb cleaner
Remove the spark plug & spray as TINY amount down the plug hole then pull the rope
Engine goes bong = carb problem
Engine no bang = timing or compression
Let us know what happens.