This Winter Is Going To be VERY Different…

Lawn Addict
Threads
Barely hit 80 today, last night was 62, had windows open..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was 67 when i woke up. Made it up to 101 though.

You folks get caught up in that high pressure system that just won't let anything in or out. (except humidity and sunshine)

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
You folks get caught up in that high pressure system that just won't let anything in or out. (except humidity and sunshine)
Use bug spray with active ingredient DEET 25% to repel mosquitoes, etc. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Both the heat and the cold takes energy out of you and can feel it at the end of the day. The two keys to being outside are the right clothing and the right attitude. Remember, many people these days spend very little time outside. They spend 5 minutes outside and say, “ It is too hot/cold out here”, and immediately go back inside.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yup.
We have a chance of rain next week.
And when I say chance, I mean, as much chance that I have of going on a date with Kate Upton.
Slim to none. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup.
We have a chance of rain next week.
And when I say chance, I mean, as much chance that I have of going on a date with Kate Upton.
Slim to none. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You ever notice how they put a chance of rain at the end of the 10 day forecast. Like the 9th or 10th day. And it stays at the end of the 10 day forecast.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Use bug spray with active ingredient DEET 25% to repel mosquitoes, etc. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Both the heat and the cold takes energy out of you and can feel it at the end of the day. The two keys to being outside are the right clothing and the right attitude. Remember, many people these days spend very little time outside. They spend 5 minutes outside and say, “ It is too hot/cold out here”, and immediately go back inside.

Recently I started getting sun bumps on my arms when I spend too much time outside. When I mow my landlords place, it takes all darn day. So following the Mexicans rule of thumb, I bought me some light colored long sleeve shirts. I was somewhat surprised at how cool I stayed. I was sweating. But noticed when the breeze came, it cooled me off in a hurry.
Of course the temps have been very good these last few days. The real test is going to be next week when they climb back up into high 90's and 100's. But I suspect, even with high temps, if I can catch a breeze, those shirts are going to be worth their weight in gold.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought me some light colored long sleeve shirts. I was somewhat surprised at how cool I stayed. I was sweating. But noticed when the breeze came, it cooled me off in a hurry.
Oh, Yea, I have been wearing long sleeve shirts, boonie hat, & 3/4 length gloves, during yard work etc... That 30+ years basking in Fla sun long ago, & getting older, is catching up to me, not to mention the 17 + years up here in the deep south..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a very sound reason why Arabs wear those long flowing loose fitting robes
They are substantially cooler than shirts & trousers because they draw the slightly cooler air in from the bottom & allow it to leave via the loose neckline
Same story for furnace attire always loose with lots of space between the body & the material
Total blithering idiots get into tight fitting T shirts & shorts then go out into the sun so the direct sunlight heats the skin ( and blood ) and the tight fitting cloths holds that heat to the body
Some how we have either forgotten what we learned over 5,000 years , tight cloths = warm , loose cloths = cool or we have decided that making a "sexy" reflection in shop windows is more important than comfort & health

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have been in a heatwave recently. & I gotta say protecting my skin is more important, that trying to look cool..

I see some neighbors starting to do the same.

Commercial mow crews been doing this, long time. & agree it helps ya stay cooler as well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I find the whole situation quite laughable
So we wear tight cloths which cause our perspiration ( which cools the body ) to make the cloths damp and of course feeds the bacteria on our skin so they fart ( we cal this BO )
So to counter this and prove we are total idiots totally disconnected from the realities of life we spray anti persperants allover our bodies to stop them self cooling and when that perspiration that has been sitting under our skin for hours finally breaks through the glue holding it back it stinks so we grab the perfume to cover it up then go stand in front of the air conditioner and complain about the excessive heat .
Do humans really have the superiour brains ?