This Winter Is Going To be VERY Different…

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What's the joke?
I remember spring. It was on a Tuesday.
Let's see. I call it Yo Yo weather. Just in the last few days we went from birthday suit weather to needing a light jacket in the mornings to sweating heavy in the afternoons. Kinda reminds of California weather in Salinas. This fog so dense this morning can't even see the neighbor's house. I will try to get a couple things before heat sits in and before the rain which turn things into a sauna.

Well at it not as hot as it was for the last two weeks. I was only getting a couple hours of work done before I started roasting those days. But now apparently knows when I get all my tools out for a job as it start back to raining as soon as get under the equipment. Then of course I have rush and put things away after drying them. OF course just rains enough to make mess. At least I got a half day done yesterday before the rain out.

Boy I am going have to get myself one of those double carports and a big roll about fan. Then some side and end panels for winter use. I just wish weather was like it was when I was younger where it stay more steady and I could get use to it. But I know things are just going to more Yo Yo as time goes by. We all have screw things up pretty bad now and mother nature is pissed and she is going to show us who is boss.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Things have slowed down and last couple weeks have been half days in the shop. I have a couple fans but I can't take the humidity. I have been known to shovel snow in shirts and a tee shirt. Back when I was 18 in boot camp at Dix in NJ I passed out from heat stroke and dehydration in november on a 6 mile march. I sweated so bad my boots looked like I stepped in water. When they dried they were white.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I go by the adage whether relaxing or working, “I can always add an extra layer, but only take so much off”. Working in cold can warm you up, but working in heat won’t cool you down.

Honest Abe

Threads
I remember more than a few blizzards; but, the blizzard of '72 had be snowbound at a job site by myself for 3 days. Fortunately, it was at a manufacturing plant, and I raided every vending machine in the place.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
One day it was about 0 degrees and very windy and I drove by a cell tower with a guy about halfway up it. That's when I told myself your job isn't that bad.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I remember more than a few blizzards; but, the blizzard of '72 had be snowbound at a job site by myself for 3 days. Fortunately, it was at a manufacturing plant, and I raided every vending machine in the place.

One time back in the 80's, I was living outside of Dallas. I had spent the weekend with two lovely ladies in a big fancy house, high up on some hills, overlooking Joe Pool lake. (that was memorable in itself). But we got an ice storm that weekend. Monday morning came and there was simply no safe way to get down the hill. If anyone knows anything about Dallas, there are very few hills. So calling the boss Monday morning trying to explain why I couldn't make it to work, after bragging to him on Friday what the weekend was going to bring....... Well, he wasn't buying it, because all the major roads were clear.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have a mulberry tree in the back that's already started changing to fall colors. The leaves are turning yellow and some are falling off. These past few days have been amazing. Nothing even in the 90's. Rain in the mornings. But starting next Sat, it's going to be in the mid to high 90's until decemenber <<lol.

Scrub, you're down in SE Texas, right? I feel for you, man. You not only get the 100 degree days, but probably that gulf humidity to boot. Making anything outside miserable.
Yep, Conroe.
That humidity sucks ass.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, Conroe.
That humidity sucks ass.

I'm right there with you. The humidity up here in south central Arkansas is about that of the gulf coast. Today is 92. And the humidity is about 65%. So it feels like 104.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I'm right there with you. The humidity up here in south central Arkansas is about that of the gulf coast. Today is 92. And the humidity is about 65%. So it feels like 104.
in the midday/afternoon the humidity isn't too bad, but in the evening.....it gets down right muggy