This Winter Is Going To be VERY Different…

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Having spent much of my pre college year working in sweat shop factories , foundries & forges followed by 8 years at foundries , heat is not a problem.
It is just a matter of what you are acclimatised to
As I get older (72 this year ) I do find excessive heat a problem but the solution is to take the deck chair & esky into the pine trees and have a nice long nap then work in the evening or late night when it is cool
Outside I have some LED work lights so I can work all night , but if you do that here you need a brighter light shinning on a white sheet or ball several yards away to attract all of the bugs

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having spent much of my pre college year working in sweat shop factories , foundries & forges followed by 8 years at foundries , heat is not a problem.
It is just a matter of what you are acclimatised to
As I get older (72 this year ) I do find excessive heat a problem but the solution is to take the deck chair & esky into the pine trees and have a nice long nap then work in the evening or late night when it is cool
Outside I have some LED work lights so I can work all night , but if you do that here you need a brighter light shinning on a white sheet or ball several yards away to attract all of the bugs

The other day I was sitting on the back patio taking a break. Sudden I woke up. Guess I had dozed off.
There was two mosquito's sitting next to me.
One says, "Shall we eat him here, or take him over the fence?
The other replies, "We'd better eat him here. There's a big one over there.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a specific breed of mosquitoes called Hexham Browns
They are easy to spot because they are so bit they come with landing lights and when flocked do actually cast a shaddow
Down side is they do bite humans, most of the other big mossies usually do not bite people although they seem to be leaning bad habits .
But again it is a case of learning to to live with them
Most do not like mints , penny royal and a variety of strong fragrant herbs so they get planted along the stairs that lead to the front door so I brush against them releasing the odours all the time

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
There is a specific breed of mosquitoes called Hexham Browns
They are easy to spot because they are so bit they come with landing lights and when flocked do actually cast a shaddow
Down side is they do bite humans, most of the other big mossies usually do not bite people although they seem to be leaning bad habits .
But again it is a case of learning to to live with them
Most do not like mints , penny royal and a variety of strong fragrant herbs so they get planted along the stairs that lead to the front door so I brush against them releasing the odours all the time
Rosemary keeps a variety of bug away too

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, my mrs knows more about that stuff tho, than me tho...

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not at all, She just has the green thumb around here.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW, I woke up this morning and the temp was in the high 60's. I think todays high was like 85. It shows it's only 75 right now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
WOW, I woke up this morning and the temp was in the high 60's. I think todays high was like 85. It shows it's only 75 right now.
It was 67 when i woke up. Made it up to 101 though.