The Daily Yardman Thread

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Getting a feeling a new customer isn't going to work out. I checked out her lawn late last week after a referral from a friend who retired from lawns. I quoted $45 and she said that was too much. I asked how much the other guy was charging and she said $39. She offered $40 and I took it because it's less than a mile from my house and it's near the entrance to good-sized subdivision that I don't have any accounts in. Nothing fancy but there's got to be some work in there. I had one customer in it that died years ago. So I had actually already decided that I would go to $40 before I went to talk to her. So we called it a deal.

I told her I wanted to mow it this week and she said no, it's hardly grown, to wait. So I check my office voice mail from today and find 2 messages from her. Apparently it's now an emergency that I mow it this week!!!! Mind you it's been 4 days since I was there and she insisted it didn't need mowing. Glad I didn't give her my cell phone number!

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have been asked what CFE stands for. Well, it stands for "Comment For Everything". In my book that is a compliment.

And I Thank You, .. from the very bottom of my pea-pickin lil heart Chuck ! ..:thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Bad luck for yer boy at 'Dega, huh Boobie??
Mine didn't do much better...........'cept for Joey!
I pull for him so he'd lose Been workin' great til yesterday.

Well Joey's part of the team and they work together for the team, so may the hair's on your arse turn to BARBED-WIRE !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Getting a feeling a new customer isn't going to work out. I checked out her lawn late last week after a referral from a friend who retired from lawns. I quoted $45 and she said that was too much. I asked how much the other guy was charging and she said $39. She offered $40 and I took it because it's less than a mile from my house and it's near the entrance to good-sized subdivision that I don't have any accounts in. Nothing fancy but there's got to be some work in there. I had one customer in it that died years ago. So I had actually already decided that I would go to $40 before I went to talk to her. So well called it a deal.

I told her I wanted to mow it this week and she said no, it's hardly grown, to wait. So I check my office voice mail from today and find 2 messages from her. Apparently it's now an emergency that I mow it this week!!!! Mind you it's been 4 days since I was there and she insisted it didn't need mowing. Glad I didn't give her my cell phone number!

I think you should MULCH HER FLOWER BED'S too !!! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
A return to normalcy!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I think you should MULCH HER FLOWER BED'S too !!! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

I would if there were any, lol. Mulch all them flowers into little bits...what, but you said you wanted them mulched?! :laughing:

It's a pretty crappy lawn due to excessive shade. I was actually going to offer to plant some grass in the front for free if she just buys the seed. Soil is loose and bare, easy planting. Then the neighbors will notice how much better her lawn looks since she got that new lawn guy. And maybe there's enough shade that it will survive the summer. Literally half of the lawn is dirt and the other parts that do have grass don't look too bad. She has True-Green fertilize it. 85 year old widow. We will see...I can handle thrifty and I can handle being pestered a bit, but when you start adding them up, ya know. There is never a reason to call me twice in one day unless it's an absolute emergency!!!!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would if there were any, lol. Mulch all them flowers into little bits...what, but you said you wanted them mulched?! :laughing:

It's a pretty crappy lawn due to excessive shade. I was actually going to offer to plant some grass in the front for free if she just buys the seed. Soil is loose and bare, easy planting. Then the neighbors will notice how much better her lawn looks since she got that new lawn guy. And maybe there's enough shade that it will survive the summer. Literally half of the lawn is dirt and the other parts that do have grass don't look too bad. She has True-Green fertilize it. 85 year old widow. We will see...I can handle thrifty and I can handle being pestered a bit, but when you start adding them up, ya know. There is never a reason to call me twice in one day unless it's an absolute emergency!!!!!

Never know ..?? she just may be WARM for YOUR FORM !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
A return to normalcy!

YOU are 1 of my FAV, plum-twisters, ...... c'mon you get the L.W, ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

OK CHUCK, Ron, and the rest of you girls .. just to let ya know, .. I'm gonna go check my eye-lids for holes ..

169a6283071cf7d34f59d3694f3f075a--emotion-faces-royalty-free-clipart.jpg

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Never know ..?? she just may be WARM for YOUR FORM !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

No, it's more like she has nothing else to do but obsess over the fact that now the weeds that I wanted to mow are blooming. That bothers her but that her lawn is half bare dirt doesn't I guess. :confused2:

Have fun everyone. Looks like mowing and minor cleanups flat-out for the rest of the week. All the major cleanups were done as separate visits. The rest I'll do concurrent with the first mow.