The Daily Yardman Thread

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

yea right

that is a $ 1200 unsecured load down here plus a $ 975 excessive overhang + an obscured number plate $ 175 + no long load warning $ 125 + failure to have proper signals at the rear of the vehicle $ 225,
Hope the log was for lumber and not firewood.
If it went over anything that had the slightest hump then whatever a new diff costs plus it would be near to impossible to drive as the inertia from the trunk hanging out the back would cause the backside to step out , that is if there was sufficient downforce on the front wheels to allow it to turn in the first place.

And I ran a fleet of Long wheel base L300's for 30 years .
Maybe it's a little over its "recommended" capacity but with a couple of guys standing on the front bumper it's good to go. You just need to tap the brakes to bring the nose down when you need to steer and make sure it doesn't start rocking. Simply and easy. I doubt the log is worth much at the mill the way it's split though.

I pulled an old Eastern Red Cedar log out of the woods for my Dad for his sculptures and had it hanging out the back of my S-10 Blazer pretty far for the 1 mile trip to their house. I did have to cut it once so it wouldn't drag. Weight hanging out the back that far does create quite a lever effect on the front end. What I don't know is how I managed to drag that trunk out of the woods whole alone, but I was a lot younger then.

Here's one of his sculptures from that log. This one is from the third piece up from the base of the log. The Cedar trees around here have an irregular growth habit. :laughing:

Attachments

• cedarreduced.jpg
    cedarreduced.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Maybe it's a little over its "recommended" capacity but with a couple of guys standing on the front bumper it's good to go. You just need to tap the brakes to bring the nose down when you need to steer and make sure it doesn't start rocking. Simply and easy. I doubt the log is worth much at the mill the way it's split though.

I pulled an old Eastern Red Cedar log out of the woods for my Dad for his sculptures and had it hanging out the back of my S-10 Blazer pretty far for the 1 mile trip to their house. I did have to cut it once so it wouldn't drag. Weight hanging out the back that far does create quite a lever effect on the front end. What I don't know is how I managed to drag that trunk out of the woods whole alone, but I was a lot younger then.

Here's one of his sculptures from that log. This one is from the third piece up from the base of the log. The Cedar trees around here have an irregular growth habit. :laughing:

That's about the breast...er....best carving I've seen in a while..............

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 277,562

Total Views 722

Views till 300,000 22,438

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.
sunrise 98.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Morning Chuck ..

Hy Guys ..

.................... WHY.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Good Morning Chuck ..

Hy Guys ..

.................... View attachment 37404

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU HAD ME WORRIED.
You could have just dropped in and said I am sick or dying or something. If I would have had a phone number I would have been burning that thing up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

WELLLLLLLLL Chuck ......... !cid_1_1151236790@web30905_mail_mud_yahoo.gif .......YOU MUST CLICK

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have been asked what CFE stands for. Well, it stands for "Comment For Everything". In my book that is a compliment.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Bad luck for yer boy at 'Dega, huh Boobie??
Mine didn't do much better...........'cept for Joey!
I pull for him so he'd lose Been workin' great til yesterday.