stihl br-600 blower won't start

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stihl BR600 is it not a 4 stroke engine but uses 2 cycle gas mix as there is no separate oil.

The BR 430, 500, 550 and 600 is what Stihl calls a 4 mix engine, which is a single cylinder Four-stroke engine with gas-oil lubrication. it runs off a 50 to 1 mixture there is no separate oil reservoir or crankcase for added weight. I believe all there hand held units are 4 mix except the FS94. look in the manual.

Last edited:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl BR600 is it not a 4 stroke engine but uses 2 cycle gas mix as there is no separate oil.

Oh ric, you are getting in fuddle about oil filters and now you
want to bring something up which was posted about a year ago.

It will be the same type of carb system as a 2 stroke but iv never sold one as i wouldnt sell due to its too expensive as there is better for less money.
Probably made in china aswell!!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh ric, you are getting in fuddle about oil filters and now you
want to bring something up which was posted about a year ago.

It will be the same type of carb system as a 2 stroke but iv never sold one as i wouldnt sell due to its too expensive as there is better for less money.
Probably made in china aswell!!!

Hey I didn't res-erect this thread. Your again totally wrong Stihl is made here in the USA and there's nothing better on the market because everything else is made in Japan like your Daihatsu Vangaurd

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey I didn't res-erect this thread. Your again totally wrong Stihl is made here in the USA and there's nothing better on the market because everything else is made in Japan like your Daihatsu Vangaurd

Again im not wrong about Stihl as they are blogging about it. STIHL China

The home owner Stihl product like hedgecutter, Chainsaws and Brushcutters are made in China as stated in blogs and china website.
I would take Japanese product over Chinese for quality but it will be more expensive.
The Stone saws were and could still be made in Brazil but I think production has stopped.

Nothing wrong with at all but why buy a chinese product and pay over the odds because its named Stihl.
I just find there is better product at a better price.

Now the pro equipment is and always probably will be fantastic in the application that it is intended for which is usually German or American made.

clpolcar

Threads
We had a brand new stihl br600 work for 20 minutes. Would not start again. Took it back to have fixed. The magneto was bad in it causing it to not get a spark so it wouldn't start.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
So they fixed it eh?????

clpolcar

Threads
Yes they fixed it. Under warranty other wise it was gonna be like 200 for parts and labor.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Again im not wrong about Stihl as they are blogging about it. STIHL China

The home owner Stihl product like hedgecutter, Chainsaws and Brushcutters are made in China as stated in blogs and china website.
I would take Japanese product over Chinese for quality but it will be more expensive.
The Stone saws were and could still be made in Brazil but I think production has stopped.

Nothing wrong with at all but why buy a chinese product and pay over the odds because its named Stihl.
I just find there is better product at a better price.

Now the pro equipment is and always probably will be fantastic in the application that it is intended for which is usually German or American made.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get To know Stihl INC. In Virginia Beach

Phillip Kramer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thinking that it was a 4 stroke and not adding oil to the mid would no doubt cause serious issues like burning out your rings and would likely cause the piston and possibly cylinder to be scored and possibly seizing up. I would bet that its the rings that are bad causing poor compression and starting impossible. Most 2 strokes will not be able to run with anything less than 100 psi of compression and not run descent under 120. I can't remember right now for sure what stihl plates there pistons with but I think its zinc which makes them very difficult to score and usually causes the rings to go bad before the piston and cylinder. I wouldn't be to shocked if you need to practically tear down the motor and replace the rings that fit around the piston inside the cylinder. Most people aren't mechanically skilled enough to do this on there own. I learned most everything like that from watching tutorial videos on You-tube. Donny boy is a very informative person who has many video's there that I have watched. If you ever get the compression back and start using your blower again remember to always mix a quality 2 stroke oil in with the gas(not in the blower by the way ever) . I tend to use a very slight bit more oil when breaking in my motors during the first 10 to 20 hours and would go with a 40 to 1 mixture minimum(36-1 is what I run during the breaking in period). Also remember that using to much oil in the mixture or running it rich will clog up your spark arrestor screen with gunk in just a few hours or less so getting a correct fuel mixture is critical. To little oil will make the motor run to hot and will damage the rings(sometimes referred to as jugs) again. Also incorrect carb settings can do the same thing and cause the motor to run to lean or at to high of RPM's. I hope you are able to end up fixing your blower so it will be running properly again. When and if you are able to start it again give it a few descent shakes before priming and trying to start it so the fuel and oil are both mixed well. If you ever plan on letting it sit with the same gas and oil in it for longer than a few months(2.5 to 3) use a fuel stabilizer.