Stihl BR 200 BR Blower

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
looks like a solid unit. anything stihl is good. that would be a good blower for me to get, it looks like it would be a great all around blower, since i do leaves in the fall.

I think it will be a good solid unit. I used it a couple of times yesterday and it cleaned the sidewalks and there edges real well also did a real good job on the driveway and Home Entrance. I can tell you on a cold start if you set the Choke Knob it starts first pull and after you use the machine it warm starts on the first pull. If that last or not will see :smile:

One of the things I like about the unit is its 36oz fuel tank capacity, so run time on a tank should last me a day or more. The other thing would be That the BR-200 is not the Stihl 4mix unit, it's the 2 stroke engine so it has a 70db sound rating which the is a great deal different than the 60 to 63 db with there 4mix units.

Threads
I think it will be a good solid unit. I used it a couple of times yesterday and it cleaned the sidewalks and there edges real well also did a real good job on the driveway and Home Entrance. I can tell you on a cold start if you set the Choke Knob it starts first pull and after you use the machine it warm starts on the first pull. If that last or not will see :smile:

One of the things I like about the unit is its 36oz fuel tank capacity, so run time on a tank should last me a day or more. The other thing would be That the BR-200 is not the Stihl 4mix unit, it's the 2 stroke engine so it has a 70db sound rating which the is a great deal different than the 60 to 63 db with there 4mix units.

Yeah, that's quite a bit louder.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well we got a chance to try out the BR 200 today. The wife used it to clear the edges of the sidewalks, blow off the drives and walks, clear some roads and it preformed very well. She commented that it wasn't as powerful as the other two blowers but did the job quite admirably and it was nice to use at only half the weight of the others. All in all I'd say it was well worth the money.

BR-200 007.jpg

Threads
Well we got a chance to try out the BR 200 today. The wife used it to clear the edges of the sidewalks, blow off the drives and walks, clear some roads and it preformed very well. She commented that it wasn't as powerful as the other two blowers but did the job quite admirably and it was nice to use at only half the weight of the others. All in all I'd say it was well worth the money.

View attachment 11453

That's good to know! :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's good to know! :thumbsup:

I didn't use it myself personally, just the wife and she really like the thing. It works really great for somethings like blowing leaves out of flower beds and cleaning entrance ways because it's not over powered.
It's going to actually work better in some situations than the overkill of the 550 or even the 380.

metz12

Threads
I didn't use it myself personally, just the wife and she really like the thing. It works really great for somethings like blowing leaves out of flower beds and cleaning entrance ways because it's not over powered.
It's going to actually work better in some situations than the overkill of the 550 or even the 380.

maybe after the summer when i start the fall cleanups, i might buy it. not sure if i should go bigger or not since i still have my little 25cc blower.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
maybe after the summer when i start the fall cleanups, i might buy it. not sure if i should go bigger or not since i still have my little 25cc blower.

If you're doing fall cleanups and you're going to be moving a lot of leafs I'd go bigger, at least the BR550.

Threads
If you're doing fall cleanups and you're going to be moving a lot of leafs I'd go bigger, at least the BR550.

I know you would recommend something even bigger, but do you think the BR-200 would be more powerful than my Echo PB-255LN handheld blower? I take baby steps.....I don't need to jump from a handheld to the BR-600 Magnum right away! :biggrin:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know you would recommend something even bigger, but do you think the BR-200 would be more powerful than my Echo PB-255LN handheld blower? I take baby steps.....I don't need to jump from a handheld to the BR-600 Magnum right away! :biggrin:

I don't really know that answer. Your 255 is a 25.4cc engine with 354 cfm so yes the BR 200 is according to spec's should be more powerful but the 200 being only 406 cfm there really isn't that much difference. Like I told Metz12, if you're looking to move leafs I'd jump up to at least the BR 550. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86 Stihl hand held unit 27.6cc.

Threads
I don't really know that answer. Your 255 is a 25.4cc engine with 354 cfm so yes the BR 200 is according to spec's should be more powerful but the 200 being only 406 cfm there really isn't that much difference. Like I told Metz12, if you're looking to move leafs I'd jump up to at least the BR 550. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86 Stihl hand held unit 27.6cc.

OK thanks for the info. :smile: