Stihl BR 200 BR Blower

metz12

Threads
Thats probably what i would do in your circumstances.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ric, as long as you understand that the 200 is not a commercial unit and you are using it as a quick finisher or backup, I would recommend that unit. One thing I have to caution you on, NEVER run this unit without the nozzle on. Doing so will change the air flow through the unit, causing the engine to burnout. I have seen many of these units comeback destroyed when customers don't follow this rule. Otherwise they are a great unit.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, as long as you understand that the 200 is not a commercial unit and you are using it as a quick finisher or backup, I would recommend that unit. One thing I have to caution you on, NEVER run this unit without the nozzle on. Doing so will change the air flow through the unit, causing the engine to burnout. I have seen many of these units comeback destroyed when customers don't follow this rule. Otherwise they are a great unit.

Oh I know it's not a commercial unit but I run the HL and HS 45 Hedge trimmers and there not not commercial units and have always done me a good job. I've always base my decision on equipment by who will be using it and the amount of use the units well receive. The Stihl Home Scraper unit is good equipment and can be IMO used commercially if used in moderation and do a great job. As far as removing the nozzle of the unit, I've never done that with any unit unless I were replacing some part for one reason or another.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK...tell us what you think about it once you use it! :smile:

Hey LMF, I see your wish list says your wanting the Echo 225, here's deal if your interested.

Brand new Echo SRM-225 - $175 (St.pete)

Date: 2012-12-10, 4:23PM EST
sx5kb-3455514926@sale.craigslist.org[?] I have a brand new SRM -225 straight shaft trimmer. Only has 30 minutes of use. Sells brand new for $220.00+tax.
I will also throw in 6 pack echo oil and brand new trimmer line. $40 value. Here's an easy way to save $80 over buying from dealer. Also have brand new pe-225 edger and PB-500t backpack blower. All less than 30 min use. Cash only no low ballers or scammers. Call anytime 727-557-6191
3Ef3Ga3N45Fb5Hf5M6cc4c8c18a40bac01fbd.jpg

Threads
Hey LMF, I see your wish list says your wanting the Echo 225, here's deal if your interested.

That looks nice! Thanks. :thumbsup: I wonder why he is selling them if they are almost brand new?? :confused3:

P.S. I am probably going to just buy new from a local dealer....but THANKS!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That looks nice! Thanks. :thumbsup: I wonder why he is selling them if they are almost brand new?? :confused3:

P.S. I am probably going to just buy new from a local dealer....but THANKS!

I really didn't think you would buy these, I was just pointing out that you should keep an eye on Craiglist because there are some good deals on equipment right now because people are wanting Christmas money and you also have these guys that will be going out of business and won't be back next year.

Threads
I really didn't think you would buy these, I was just pointing out that you should keep an eye on Craiglist because there are some good deals on equipment right now because people are wanting Christmas money and you also have these guys that will be going out of business and won't be back next year.

That is true! I usually buy handheld equipment new from a dealer but when I upgrade to a larger mower, I will probably be looking on Craiglist. Next year I will demo the Exmark Commerical 30 mower to see if I like it. If I do I will probably buy that, and then my next mower would probably be a stander--like the GS.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I went down to the shop and guess what, I came home with a BR- 200. The thing seem to work great. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86, but I think it will is a lot easier on the arm & wrists for the wife. It seems to have plenty of power and not much vibration at all, you can't hardly feel it running but I guess that maybe due to the fact I'm used to running one of the others. Will get to use it before the weekends out on the job and will see how it does and I'll let ya'll know.

BR-200 007.jpgBR-200 008.jpgBR-200 006.jpg

Threads
Well I went down to the shop and guess what, I came home with a BR- 200. The thing seem to work great. The BR 200 has the same engine as the BG86, but I think it will is a lot easier on the arm & wrists for the wife. It seems to have plenty of power and not much vibration at all, you can't hardly feel it running but I guess that maybe due to the fact I'm used to running one of the others. Will get to use it before the weekends out on the job and will see how it does and I'll let ya'll know.

View attachment 11256View attachment 11257View attachment 11258

awesome.gif :thumbsup::thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
looks like a solid unit. anything stihl is good. that would be a good blower for me to get, it looks like it would be a great all around blower, since i do leaves in the fall.