Predator coil on Briggs?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Scrub it is like some my customers that flat refuses to give me the serial numbers. They act like the equipment is stolen when we only need the info make they are getting the right parts.

Everything that comes into my shop gets both model and serial numbers recorded as I have a few customers that own multiple units and some have tried cheating me on repairs.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Being lazy i just take a picture of the model/serial plate of each piece piece of equipment and notate the customer name and phone number in the picture description.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Being lazy i just take a picture of the model/serial plate of each piece piece of equipment and notate the customer name and phone number in the picture description.
That can work too and does eliminate entry errors. Here my Auto Manager software can accept images but the customer records requires setting up equipment files for long term record keeping. Here I have system to keep work orders for ten years. If customer sells the unit to another customer I just transfer the equipment and all the records following so I have a long term repair history which help as I know what was done in the past.

An example of a record. Each job can be open separately when needed.
1642790982237.png

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are way more organized than i am. When i first started i had a form and database setup and tracked all parts on each machine and entered all the work ticket info. After a year i went to ticket books with a carbon. I price parts and labor separate. I don't use the computer any more. I don't track any more than my accountant needs me to. My inventory stock is small enough i don't need to track it on a spreadsheet.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is the only way I can do it. Just way too involved otherwise. I would up to my eyeballs in paper otherwise. I tried the index card system for inventory but it just didn't for my operation.

There is no way I could keep track of over 16,000 parts even through I only have 2,075 different sku numbers in stock. Using a bin system to help finding them. And just the ones I have in stock of the 850,000 sku numbers with descriptions and pricing that I have loaded on my system.

1642797670504.png

1642797399117.png
Of course cost is for items only and don't including shc.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
16000 parts. Dang! I have around 400 parts in stock. Mainly oil, air and fuel filters and couple dozen different spark plugs, deck wheels and a bunch of carb stuff. So many different blades now i quit stocking them except a few i know current customers will need. Same for belts.