no self control!

benski

Threads
Somewhere between 1965 and 1973? I just now discovered that a lot of Lawn-Boys were manufactured by Outboard Marine Corporation. A history lesson AND lawnmowers all in one stop shopping!:thumbsup::cool::biggrin:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
FAR OUT!....that things got character :biggrin:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Getting back to the ideas of "no self control" and "Moweritis", getting something like the Brick-Top makes me less likely to be tempted to buy a more ordinary mower. For example, I have one two-stroke Lawn-Boy from the 1990s (a 1994 model 10415) but I don't think I'd be tempted to get another from that era.

Making an exciting new purchase raises the bar for future purchases.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got my fix -- the mower that I've been obsessing over for a week. I don't lose sleep over just any old mower -- or even over just any two-stroke mower. But a Lawn-Boy Brick-Top Commercial...:cloud9:

LB-6255-02.JPG
does this look familiar ?..
My Bricktop Commercial Lawnboy - YouTube

benski

Threads
Speaking of no self-control, I just picked up an old Lawn Chief yesterday. Needs a new motor, but that's easy. Yikes! 17!:eek:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Speaking of no self-control, I just picked up an old Lawn Chief yesterday. Needs a new motor, but that's easy. Yikes! 17!:eek:
Photos please! And while you're at it, the Jacobsen forum could use some pictures of your Jake -- is it a reel mower?

benski

Threads
Yes, I guess I'll have to drag all these projects out and take an incriminating photo.:ashamed::eek: And in answer to the second question, yes, the Jake is a 30" reel mower,model is a Park 30, manufactured in 1952. I've got to imagine the thing weighs between 250 and 300 lbs. A 4hp Kohler, (IIRC) and an old fashioned, aircraft style WICO magneto. I bought it for $30.00. I think it'll be fun to get going, in my copious amounts of spare time...:laughing::biggrin: