no self control!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why am I sure it's green?:rolleyes:

Actually, they're not all Lawn-Boy green.

Here is one I bought back in May. It's a 1987 Toro, powered by Suzuki.

toro-2.jpg

I wrote about it in this thread in the Toro forum.

benski

Threads
I'm up to sixteen right now...:ashamed:my latest aqcuisition is an 11-38 toro (mid '80's maybe?) that neeeds at LEAST a new drive belt that I picked up for $60.00. I'm hoping I can turn it around soon.:eek:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doctor's diagnosis says: Two Stroke suffers from a moderate to severe case of Moweritis
Treatment: buy another mower ASAP [as soon as possible].......and once a Day: display or take pictures of favorite mowers.............:biggrin:

Or get a 99 cent rattle can and destroy one you already have (masking? I don't need no stinkin tape!). Spraying over irreplaceable decals from 1974? BAH - who cares.........your SS is now all bumblebee yellow - with a BLUE deck....:rolleyes:

Black Bart

Threads
well i did it again!.....damn craigslist! :laughing:....cost: $50....its 1997 murray widebody with a hydro auto with the forward/reverse foot pedal and a 17hp tecumseh...runs good.. tranny works great....what am i going to do with another mower?......hell if i know! :laughing:

YOUR WIFE MUST BE REAL PROUD OF YOU :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually, they're not all Lawn-Boy green.

Here is one I bought back in May. It's a 1987 Toro, powered by Suzuki.

toro-2.jpg

I wrote about it in this thread in the Toro forum.

Is it an aluminum deck? From the molded in wheel adjuster stops and lack of rust on the unpainted areas I would say so. I was sorry they stopped building pushers with aluminum decks.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it an aluminum deck? From the molded in wheel adjuster stops and lack of rust on the unpainted areas I would say so. I was sorry they stopped building pushers with aluminum decks.

Why DID they stop making aluminum decks? Too expensive? Or were they just lasting too dam long?

benski

Threads
Probaby both. I sure do like the aluminum deck on my John Deere 14SB.:smile: But if your car, mower deck or other contrivance lasts 20+ years between replacement, you're going to have to sell a lot to different people, not just the same folks who bought one from you 3 years ago...:wink::biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probaby both. I sure do like the aluminum deck on my John Deere 14SB.:smile: But if your car, mower deck or other contrivance lasts 20+ years between replacement, you're going to have to sell a lot to different people, not just the same folks who bought one from you 3 years ago...:wink::biggrin:

I have a 14sb, myself - I just use it in the fall to vaccum up the pine needles. If I had a side chute, it might see more use - but then I'd have to rebuild that lousy Kawi carb. Blech! :tongue: That teeny tiny bagger is just not big enuff for regular mowing. Tried it for awhile, but I spent more time transporting and dumping the clippings then I spent mowing! :eek:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

Yes it is an alloy deck. The deck, wheels, height adjusters, etc. on that mower are all very heavy duty -- it makes me think this was designed as a commercial mower. The air filter is about four times the size of most and the engine is the most powerful I've seen on a push mower. It's been a great addition to my fleet.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doctor's diagnosis says: Two Stroke suffers from a moderate to severe case of Moweritis
Treatment: buy another mower ASAP [as soon as possible].......and once a Day: display or take pictures of favorite mowers.............:biggrin:

I got my fix -- the mower that I've been obsessing over for a week. I don't lose sleep over just any old mower -- or even over just any two-stroke mower. But a Lawn-Boy Brick-Top Commercial...:cloud9:

LB-6255-02.JPG