MTD runs only one speed

electech2

Forum Newbie
Threads
My MTD mower stopped going into higher speeds. It used to go to all 7.
Recently I tightened the brake adjuster nut. Could over tightening it be the problem or should I look elsewhere
Jim
If the brake adjuster nut was adjusted and this problem started, I would go back and loosen the brake adjuster to see if it's the problem. Most brake adjusters do not require much to make a difference. Usually one quarter or one half turn is a lot. Good luck!

mmoffitt

Threads
Just the facts Ma'an...make,model,serial number and we are off!

jpokerwinski

Threads
Just the facts Ma'an...make,model,serial number and we are off!
If I had it I would have posted it. It’s an old one that has been “painted over” I have the engine tag number but not sure if you can cross reference that to a model/year?

STEVES

Threads
95 = year/ 06 = month / 02 = day / 5B plant & assembly line

STEVES

Threads
At least it hopefully narrows the playing field! ? Picture of unit would maybe, perhaps help.

Douglasdzaster

Threads
Ahhh I thought you were a biker. Apparently your one of those rude MF’ers I see in the forums. I asked a simple question but you didn’t have to exercise your skill at talking down to someone. And your right, I bet your brain IS exhausted. Move on… nothing to see here
Okay…..
Ive used this forum plenty of times for help and these are some great guys that take time from their lives to help others!
Imagine the number of questions they get from people that don’t give them any information about what they’re working on. You can’t blame then for having a little fun. You have to help them help you. Clean off any numbers you can find and take a picture or list them along with the location of said numbers.
They are not mind readers , physic and have no way of knowing how to answer questions without information.
Its the same as actually taking your mower to a mechanic that is blind folded and not telling them what they’re working on.
When they say they’re 900 plus answers it’s the truth if they you don have any information, pictures etc of the machine. Even the part you laid hands on before asking for help which shouldn’t have been done because you obviously didn’t know what adjusting it would do exactly or you wouldn’t be here now.
Like I said this is a great place for help because of these guys. I read post when I don’t have questions because I learn but when I saw the name calling I had to chime in.
They don’t work for you so appreciate attention you get.

jpokerwinski

Threads
Okay…..
Ive used this forum plenty of times for help and these are some great guys that take time from their lives to help others!
Imagine the number of questions they get from people that don’t give them any information about what they’re working on. You can’t blame then for having a little fun. You have to help them help you. Clean off any numbers you can find and take a picture or list them along with the location of said numbers.
They are not mind readers , physic and have no way of knowing how to answer questions without information.
Its the same as actually taking your mower to a mechanic that is blind folded and not telling them what they’re working on.
When they say they’re 900 plus answers it’s the truth if they you don have any information, pictures etc of the machine. Even the part you laid hands on before asking for help which shouldn’t have been done because you obviously didn’t know what adjusting it would do exactly or you wouldn’t be here now.
Like I said this is a great place for help because of these guys. I read post when I don’t have questions because I learn but when I saw the name calling I had to chime in.
They don’t work for you so appreciate attention you get.
I understand but this ass was rude. If you don’t know what to ask you don’t ask. I am not a lawn mower professional. I don’t l ow what to ask or what to provide. Some people gave me good information knowing that. Others wanted make themselves feel superior by putting me down. What can I say