Mower pushing

Threads
We have about 150 lawns to mow every wends,thurs,friday and we have 3 guys and we push 21 inch snappers and i told my boss we need one 32 or 36 exmark so it would be faster and cut more lawns. So what should i do should i buy it because he wont get it because he says we dont have enough big yards and i told him thats bull s**t i think we have plenty what should i do
Jose

Threads
WELCOME TO LMF!
Here is my opinion. I like nice and new equipment, but right now I only have two 21in. push mowers because I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a larger mower, considering I can complete all the yards I need to in a good amount of time. If I can't finish all my lawns in the week or so's time, I would get a larger mower that can reduce the time. I love Exmarks, but you might want to demo the mower you want. I say this because the larger mowers aren't as good at mulching. If you mulch with the Snappers, you might not be happy with the side discharge or mulching with the Exmark (it will also bag). If you are considering buying one by yourself, consider used. You can find some good deals on Craigslist (mowers with low hours). New Exmark mowers are expensive!!
Let us know what you decide! :smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have about 150 lawns to mow every wends,thurs,friday and we have 3 guys and we push 21 inch snappers and i told my boss we need one 32 or 36 exmark so it would be faster and cut more lawns. So what should i do should i buy it because he wont get it because he says we dont have enough big yards and i told him thats bull s**t i think we have plenty what should i do
Jose

If you buy the mower I'd start my own business, I wouldn't buy it for them.

metz12

Threads
If the guy is being a jerk about not wanting to buy a bigger mower, start your own business. dont use your equipment for somebody else.

Threads
And if you want to upgrade your equipment but not spend TONS of money, maybe just buy a self-propelled mower like the Honda HRX217HYA. It will be easier since it's not a PUSH mower. But if you really want to reduce time get a larger walk-behind, or what a lot of people recommend on here: a stander. Another reason standers are cool is because you can flip the platform up and use it as a walk-behind! :thumbsup:
Toro Grandstand
http://www.toro.com/en-us/professio...nd-on-mowers/Pages/Series.aspx?sid=GrandStand
toro grandstand.jpg36 inches-------->60 inches60 in. toro grandstand.jpg

metz12

Threads
And if you want to upgrade your equipment but not spend TONS of money, maybe just buy a self-propelled mower like the Honda HRX217HYA. It will be easier since it's not a PUSH mower. But if you really want to reduce time get a larger walk-behind, or what a lot of people recommend on here: a stander. Another reason standers are cool is because you can flip the platform up and use it as a walk-behind! :thumbsup:
View attachment 10090

You know what i am going to say about this fanatic but, I would suggest the Garden tractor. quicker than a push mower when you get used to it, can put a lot of attachments on it like a plow, leaf bagger, and you can find them on craigslist for fairly cheap. alot of people work on them too because they are easy to work on.

Threads
You know what i am going to say about this fanatic but, I would suggest the Garden tractor. quicker than a push mower when you get used to it, can put a lot of attachments on it like a plow, leaf bagger, and you can find them on craigslist for fairly cheap. alot of people work on them too because they are easy to work on.

That is true, but to tell you the truth there are really no "commercial" garden tractors. But I do believe that even if something is residential it can last if you take care of it.

metz12

Threads
It doesn't necessarily need to be "commercial" but there are more professional garden tractors out there. there are many with like 14 speeds! also with a really small turning radius. Im not sure but i think its either craftsman or cub cadet. but still, garden tractors are so versatile!

Threads
It doesn't necessarily need to be "commercial" but there are more professional garden tractors out there. there are many with like 14 speeds! also with a really small turning radius. Im not sure but i think its either craftsman or cub cadet. but still, garden tractors are so versatile!

That is true. And yes, it is Cub Cadet with the small turning radius. Also, John Deere has a "zero-turn lawn tractor". See pics:
cub cadet ZTR lawn tractor.jpg

JD SST16.jpg (http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/03/2084903/3095565_huge.jpg)