Junk

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Guys,

We're working on adding an automated spam deletion system since it's gotten to be such an issue. Thanks for your understanding...

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
But then what would stop people posting rational usernames and saying they are from places other than Alabama and waiting for confirmation, then posting Spam threads ?

To put it simply it works a lot like your bank and you when you buy things at say the gas station or a store or pay your monthly bills, it the bank monitors every dollar spent. They know how and what you buy and pay and if something or an unusual purchase is made that doesn't compute correctly your notified.

There system basically works the same, the active safety system works continuously in the background and analysis in real time connections and actions of forum members and intervenes if a suspicious action is detected. (spam)

It will act in real time to acquire, identify and prohibit the registration in the forum for the most commonly used spam usernames on the web.
It gives the administrator the ability to allow or not external scripts forms (not developed by Forumotion) to post on the forum. It will prevent any external script to post content on the forum and keeping the forum protected from spam.

gary lee

Threads
I may be wrong or right , we should ignore because we are feeding them when we discuss there childish actions. Just a thought.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I may be wrong or right , we should ignore because we are feeding them when we discuss there childish actions. Just a thought.

I would agree normally but it's 6:09 am here and there are 19 members online and 16 are spammers, ( All from Alabama) How can you ignore something like that??

Muhammad says he's working on adding an automated spam deletion system since it's gotten to be such an issue here and that's great and it will probably take care of a small percentage of the problem but not the whole problem.

AOL, Yahoo, Mozilla and all Forums have spam blockers but guess what, even theirs doesn't take care of only a small percentage of the problems. Nobody is bullet proof. If you want the problem solved it will take a great deal of continual moderation.

fastback

Threads
Well it seems that the site is starting to return to normal. Thats good, now all that needs to be done is to keep it that way.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Well it seems that the site is starting to return to normal. Thats good, now all that needs to be done is to keep it that way.
I know! I only saw one Spam thread today.

Brilliant :smile:

Now we get back to keeping this great forum active, rather than quite sluggish as it has been.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads