Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks I can not look it up on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've identified around 1,000 spam accounts and will be deleting them shortly. Then, we will implement measures to block the new registration that match certain known spam criteria.

Obviously it's a top priority since I'm the one deleting all the spam right now. :laughing:

I think you may be out matched, who ever is doing this is very capable and most likely has the equipment to back it up. I don't believe he's going to be out played that easy.

fastback

Threads
I hope this matter gets addressed soon. I'm getting a little concerned and may need to take a vacation. It's not what I want to do, but....

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I hope this matter gets addressed soon. I'm getting a little concerned and may need to take a vacation. It's not what I want to do, but....
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm sure it'll be sorted ASAP...

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm sure that the jerk(s) responsible are going to TRY to get back... but with any kind of luck, it can be discovered exactly Who they are and then take care of the problem more directly... they shouldn't be allowed to show up anywhere.. or even own a computer...

It's unfortunate that this negative crap had to appear to come from alabama... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm sure that the jerk(s) responsible are going to TRY to get back... but with any kind of luck, it can be discovered exactly Who they are and then take care of the problem more directly... they shouldn't be allowed to show up anywhere.. or even own a computer...

It's unfortunate that this negative crap had to appear to come from alabama... :smile:KennyV

The problem is that the jerk(s) aren't going away, yes the spam-o-matic will stop some but the percentage that will get through will be greater than those denied I'm afraid.
It seems now that other states other than Alabama are being used like Maine and Ohio and where the heck is Bravia.
When Muhammad Install Spam-o-matic he presented who ever is doing this with a challange and that has a tendency to make thing worse.

Parkmower

Threads
Muhammad said:
I've identified around 1,000 spam accounts and will be deleting them shortly. Then, we will implement measures to block the new registration that match certain known spam criteria.

Obviously it's a top priority since I'm the one deleting all the spam right now. :laughing:

Thank you! :)

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
The problem is that the jerk(s) aren't going away, yes the spam-o-matic will stop some but the percentage that will get through will be greater than those denied I'm afraid.
It seems now that other states other than Alabama are being used like Maine and Ohio and where the heck is Bravia.
When Muhammad Install Spam-o-matic he presented who ever is doing this with a challange and that has a tendency to make thing worse.

I've found that most of the spam found in forums is automated and the people behind it are simply playing a numbers game. I haven't noticed any targeted spam here yet.

So far the spam-o-matic is working... We'll see how it does long-term.