Junk

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I suspect that most if not all those that have had Alabama for a location... are Not from Alabama & that they would be from the same IP...

It has been too long, I can't remember ... When you first sign up do you have to give an eMail address that you have to go to in order to complete your registration?
If not it is ONE step that could be made to stop this, there are several others that are more selective... :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I suspect that most if not all those that have had Alabama for a location... are Not from Alabama & that they would be from the same IP...

It has been too long, I can't remember ... When you first sign up do you have to give an eMail address that you have to go to in order to complete your registration?
If not it is ONE step that could be made to stop this, there are several others that are more selective... :smile:KennyV
I have noticed the pattern that they are all seemingly from Alabama!

Doubt it though, but it makes you wonder why every one almost is choosing that... Are they all the same person ?

I can't remember whether you have to confirm your email address... I think you do, but I couldn't be sure, as it has been quite a while since I had to join!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Isn't it enough to start their own threads ? Now they are replying to other people's threads! :mad:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I would Bet it is One person behind this.... KennyV
And that makes it even more frustrating Kenny. If it were lots of different people we could say "well there is nothing that really can be done!", but seeing as it it just one person, if we got him to stop doing this, it would all stop!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes you have to supply an Email address when you register but Blocking an Email address is not going to solve the problem. They can manufacture email addresses as fast as you can block them. There's at least three steps that have to be taken and after it's all said and done it can be undone by the individual.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Yes you have to supply an Email address when you register but Blocking an Email address is not going to solve the problem. they can manufacture email addresses as fast as you can block them.
Sadly, you are correct.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sadly, you are correct.

The sad thing is people get disgusted with these guys and think it's just a bunch of idiots playing games and to them it is a game, but these guys are not idiots, furthest thing from it.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
The sad thing is people get disgusted with these guys and think it's just a bunch of idiots playing games and to them it is a game, but these guys are not idiots, furthest thing from it.
Yep, you have to have some intelligence to keep coming back like they are.

They are ruining a good forum with no remorse for their actions, and that is the worst bit.

Surely there is some legal action that can be taken ?

Spamming forums is an offense here in the UK and you can get punished for it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, you have to have some intelligence to keep coming back like they are.
They are ruining a good forum with no remorse for their actions, and that is the worst bit.
Surely there is some legal action that can be taken ?
Spamming forums is an offense here in the UK and you can get punished for it.

Yea, there not stupid. There main purpose is to do just that, ruin a good forum. I've seen this same thing happen on RTR, Easyracer and other forums. I believe it was Easyracer that was shut down for over a month to clean up the mess they had because it was so bad.
If it continues here you will see a lot of the veteran members leaving the forum and when that happens others will follow, as it is I think that has already taking place because some of the veterans have already disappeared, either that or there just setting back to see what happens. The noobs are hanging on in hopes that things turn around.
When I signed on this morning I counted 12 members in the currently active users or members that were spammers, so I don't believe it has ended.