Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.
My 1990 GMC pickup with a 5.7 V8 had 195hp. My 2018 GMC pickup with a 4.3 V6 has 285hp according to GM

My son's Q50 Red Sport has a 400hp 3.0L V6. Why he needs that is a mystery to me.
I think that 4.3 V6 is the same basic engine I got in my 2000 S1500.

Mostly to just show off...

It just like those Gold color $399 sneakers that Trump is selling now. They are flashy but still wear out fast. I rather have my $50 Skechers as they wear out I can buy more easily instead of working a week or so just to pay for one pair.
1708264219222.png

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think that 4.3 V6 is the same basic engine I got in my 2000 S1500.

Mostly to just show off...

It just like those Gold color $399 sneakers that Trump is selling now. They are flashy but still wear out fast. I rather have my $50 Skechers as they wear out I can buy more easily instead of working a week or so just to pay for one pair.
View attachment 67819

Because of all the looting and "smash & grabs," this are only available for online purchases. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think that 4.3 V6 is the same basic engine I got in my 2000
I think it is. Started out life as a 4.3L (265) V8 then went to 5.7L (350) then got 2 cylinders chopped off to a 4.3L (262) then a computer, fuel injection and variable valve timing. Just one of the evolutions of the small block chevy.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmmm my '79 265 V8 left me getting an average mpg of 22.6 and highway mpg of 32. And porbably would got better mileage with a 200R4 Metric transmission instead of the 700R4. Originally the engine only got 16 mpg combined. Yet my current V6 only gets 15-17 mpg combined. They are not trying to get better mileage.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Modern LS Chevy V-8's can easily get 22+ mpg.. Excellent engines as well.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My 1990 GMC2500 with a 350 and TH400 nonlockup torque converter and 3.73 rear end got 9mpg empty or with a 4000lb camper in the bed and towing a boat. My new, 2018 truck, gets an average of 18mpg.

davis2

Threads
Most of those constitutional audit Youtubers are just trouble makers. Going out in public with their camera's trying to stir up trouble. (for clicks, likes, shares and youtube money) Provoking the police for profit. They keep pissing off the cops, because it gets likes and shares.
LEO's aren't robots. Like any other human, you can only push them so far. And they know it. So they push them passed those limits. And society suffers from it by having to pay out huge judgements, fired police officers and more training to deal with drama queen youtubers.
They may be "trouble makers" but they are right about the laws. I have known many police officers, sheriff deputies, and state troopers. Most are good, but the badge doesn't give them super powers to demand more than the law allows. They should know the laws they are tasked with ENFORCING!! Unfortunately , they also need to be able to control their emotions. Some can, some can't.
I worked along with them as a volunteer firefighter. Our jobs interested more than you would think. I've seen the bad and good. I've also served on a murder trial as a juror. By no means am I claiming to be any sort of expert, but have seen and experienced a lot. Life is one big learning experience...

davis2

Threads
I’m pretty sure you have no clue what you’re talking about because there are very few V 10 and V12 engines in the US!
I may argue politics with Bert and others, but the know their powered equipment of all types. You may want to reconsider your comment...

davis2

Threads
I think Porsche is about the only vehicle with V10 and V12 here in the states. Most large SUVs are V8 powered. But SUVs are in the same class as pickups so a whole different set safety standards. I think I have personally seen one V12 in my lifetime so far and that Porsche took up more than it fair share of a parking space. And have yet to see a V10.

With some the engine designs now some V6 engines are more powerful than older V8s. I got a Vortex V6 that is just powerful as the V8 it replaced. Now of cross I got a 4 speed automatic instead of a three speed.
Ford and Dodge have had V10 's. Not recently, but they have.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW
The V 10's stick out like dogs balls down here where the bulk of the cars are 4 cylinder and most SUVs are diesel strait 4 or V 6 .
Hence the hideous design stands out in the memory.
Unfortunately since GM & Ford closed their factories here, all we get now are the hideously ugly US styled agro vehicles or properly designed UK cars that are amazingly unreliable or the just plain overpriced European vehicles with crap build quality ( they make Teslas look well made )
An acquaintance from the days when I used my education had a bit to say about the original subject of this thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.