Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Hertz car rental is dropping 20,000 EV cars for gas powered.
Back in the day when I serviced their copiers I was in the Dayton police building so often I didn't bother going through the metal detector at security. They would just wave me through and I had almost all the door codes to the secure areas. If I got a parking ticket in the city I just took them in and they disappeared. If you want to see office equipment get abused just put it in a city police department.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Which OEM copiers did you service. I serviced Panasonic and Toshiba copier mainly with a couple Minolta copiers

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I worked for Xerox for 40 years. Only serviced xerox equip. Serviced everything from the old stuff where solid state meant a light bulb to multi million dollar color production printers with over 100 circuit boards in them and a Leibert environmental system built into it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So you are one us Retired workers...or should be.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been fixing mowers as a side hustle business since the early 90's. Retired 5 years ago and took the mower shop full time.

Lilranch2001

Threads
Well it depends upon the type of collision as those 20' tall SUV's & pick ups are very prone to roll over because of the high COG .
On top of that because most are considered trucks they do not need to meet the same safety standards for things like crumple zones as saloon cars doo when T boned, most end up on their sides even if hit by a small saloon.
I drive cab over vans so the view from being higher does make it easier to avoid problems but most Yank Tanks have long bonnets (cause there is a v 10 or V 12 in there ) so that means there is a 50' blind spot in front of the vehicle .
I’m pretty sure you have no clue what you’re talking about because there are very few V 10 and V12 engines in the US!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think Porsche is about the only vehicle with V10 and V12 here in the states. Most large SUVs are V8 powered. But SUVs are in the same class as pickups so a whole different set safety standards. I think I have personally seen one V12 in my lifetime so far and that Porsche took up more than it fair share of a parking space. And have yet to see a V10.

With some the engine designs now some V6 engines are more powerful than older V8s. I got a Vortex V6 that is just powerful as the V8 it replaced. Now of cross I got a 4 speed automatic instead of a three speed.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think Porsche is about the only vehicle with V10 and V12 here in the states. Most large SUVs are V8 powered. But SUVs are in the same class as pickups so a whole different set safety standards. I think I have personally seen one V12 in my lifetime so far and that Porsche took up more than it fair share of a parking space. And have yet to see a V10.

With some the engine designs now some V6 engines are more powerful than older V8s. I got a Vortex V6 that is just powerful as the V8 it replaced. Now of cross I got a 4 speed automatic instead of a three speed.

Do that have 4 speeds with OD? Or 3S with OD?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

My 1990 GMC pickup with a 5.7 V8 had 195hp. My 2018 GMC pickup with a 4.3 V6 has 285hp according to GM

My son's Q50 Red Sport has a 400hp 3.0L V6. Why he needs that is a mystery to me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Do that have 4 speeds with OD? Or 3S with OD?
The 4L60E is considered a 4 speed. Although 4th is an overdrive range with a lockup torque convertor.

This the transmission that self destructed at 343,000 mile here. Not much saveable other than the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.