ENGINE OIL

detdrbuzzard

Threads
Castrol 10w 30 in the 4 stroke summer equiptment and mobile 1 in the 4 stroke snowblowers

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mobile 1 10w-30, kawasaki filter, every 50 or so hours...overkill, but I like a clean engine :laughing:

Ams oil 15W-40, Baldwin oil filter, every 100 or so hours.... overkill, but I like a clean engine : :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
10w30 in my briggs, 10w40 in my kawi, echo 2 cycle in small equipment, 10w30 in my jeep Cherokee, 5w30 synthetic in my truck, 5w30 in my fiero

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mobile 1 10w-30, kawasaki filter, every 50 or so hours...overkill, but I like a clean engine :laughing:

It's not overkill to change your oil and oil filter ever 50 hrs, I think the over kill is the synthetic when it's not needed and really has no benefit in a mower.

Derson59

Threads
I usually use any 30w, depends on my mood. I change about every 50 hours.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you had to choose, which engine oil would you prefer, which do you have good experiences with? for example Castrol or Pennzoil. Also whats the farthest you have gone before changing your oil.?

Basically oil brand doesn't really matter. Generally speaking, any oil that meets the quality standards of an SF, SG, SH, SJ, or higher rating can be used in your riding lawnmower. You'll have company's like Honda, Kawasaki or Briggs that will tell you or recommend using there brand and it's no different or any better than any other, just more expensive because it has there name and packaging.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's not overkill to change your oil and oil filter ever 50 hrs, I think the over kill is the synthetic when it's not needed and really has no benefit in a mower.

The big benefit is the oil doesn't have to be changed as often with synthetic. My large the mower takes only 1 and haft quarts of oil and the small engines take only 1/2 quart. Not a very big expense as I see it so why not use the best. No one agrees on oil so as I see it you can put last nights recycled beer in your mower for oil for all I care but I will keep using Ams oil myself. :confused2: