ENGINE OIL

Ryan Rognstad

Threads
If you had to choose, which engine oil would you prefer, which do you have good experiences with? for example Castrol or Pennzoil. Also whats the farthest you have gone before changing your oil.?

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
I'm just getting ready for my first oil change,I have decided to go with castrol sae30...at the end of this mowing season I'll probably go with mobil one synthetic.

Nwatson99

Threads
Castrol 10w-30 change my oil and filter every 50 hours.
Several folks have said it is good to do it that way, but they also said might be too excessive and if I want to do the service early I should at least run the mower for 75 hrs since the manual states 100 hrs.

Bison

Threads
If you had to choose, which engine oil would you prefer, which do you have good experiences with? for example Castrol or Pennzoil. Also whats the farthest you have gone before changing your oil.?
About 10 years on a cast iron kohler,.. till the rod came trough the block...I just kept topping of the level.
PS: a rod bolt came loose,..had nothing to do with the oil ;)

I use W30 in all my little gas engines and 15W40 in my diesels.
Synthetic is over rated and to expensive anyway but it helps with easier cold stars in the winter.

X-man

Threads
I use Mobil 1 10W-30 with a Purolator oil filter, changed about every 50 hours.

Which equates to once a month.

X-man

Threads
I'm not a big fan of Pennzoil. Heard both good and bad things (more bad than anything) about it.

Fram... I hate Fram with a passion.

All you have to do is take a Fram oil filter apart and see how poorly built it is.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here we go again

Oh but it's so much fun :laughing:

I change the oil filter every 50 hrs and use Mobil Super 5000 10w30 from Wally World cost me 12.97 for five qts

Av8r

Threads
Mobile 1 10w-30, kawasaki filter, every 50 or so hours...overkill, but I like a clean engine :laughing: