Cutting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadinolfi

Threads
Not all blades will work with all decks
To me it is just a case of the wrong blades for your deck
Gators can be a bit touchy and seem to work better with pressed decks than fabricated decks
Air flow under decks is a very complicated thing
I keep some old used Gators for customers to try out some that the outer flute has broken off or have been sharpened to their safe limit .
From your description it just sounds like wrong blades
There is a difference between fits and works and obviously yours don't work.
No one here works for Oregon and Rivets laid out all of the common blade problems
That’s all I can figure I’m going to switch back to oem and see what happens. I own a outdoor power equipment facility for the past 40 yrs and have never not been able to correctly solve this problem on customers equipment. I’m straight out baffled I can’t solve it on my own ZTR….

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is because it is your mower & you are not being paid to fix it
Great Dane notched blades work better on Great Danes than Great Dane blades do
Gators will not work on GD Chariots but Toro Mulchers do
It is all about deck air flow as you should know
In the overlap region the left blade is throwing to the back of the deck but the right one is throwing to the front
No wonder the blades of grass get confused so lie down to rest their weary brains

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mow more often. My state is getting a lot of rain. Grass is responding.

Tadinolfi

Threads
Well what enlightening us as to what you found to be the problem? We here to learn too.
Bobcat procat with the duradeck needs the offset blades to get the correct air distribution under the deck. Previous owner switched to a flat blade. I looked up the oem and switched to the offset and cuts perfect now.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sir you got remember that no one can know everything nor we all seeing. I your case someone had already screwed up so you were dealing something that most seldom see.

Also I had no idea who even makes the Procat mower have. I never had anything in my shop with the label Procat. But of course I am small shop and only been at the mower repairs for 14 yrs now.

Only now you posted (#18) it was a Bobcat. Googling Procat didn't bring that up so I kept my mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.