Cutting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadinolfi

Threads
I’ve got an older procat that’s leaving a portion of grass uncut. It’s not between the blades as you’d expect but instead appears on the backside cut on each blade. Sitting on the machine the left blade is cutting at the 9oclock position but not at the 3oclock position. And each blade appears to be doing the same. Almost looks like the grass is blown over. I’ve tried new gator blades, belts, I’m lost here. Almost even seems like the side discharge is a little less than usual. I know the blades are turning at the right speed.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First thing I would check and probably level the deck. If that doesn’t work come back with answers to the following questions.
1. What is the model and serial numbers for the unit?
2. When were the blades last replaced ?
3. Have the blades been sharpened and balanced recently?
4. When was the last time the belt was changed?
5. When was the last time the spindles were serviced?
6. Have you ever serviced the entire deck? Checking all pulleys, tensioner arm, wear anywhere?

Answers to these questions will help us understand what you are dealing with and then we can proceed to offer better solutions.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
also when did it start? Did you make any changes before it began?

Tadinolfi

Threads
As stated I’ve changed the blades with gator blades, and belts. Everything on the deck is in perfect shape and operating as it should. It’s a procat with a 62” side discharge deck. Deck has been adjusted with a 1/8” forward tilt.

Tadinolfi

Threads
As stated I’ve changed the blades with gator bladesand belts. Everything on the deck is in perfect shape and operating as it should.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not all blades will work with all decks
To me it is just a case of the wrong blades for your deck
Gators can be a bit touchy and seem to work better with pressed decks than fabricated decks
Air flow under decks is a very complicated thing
I keep some old used Gators for customers to try out some that the outer flute has broken off or have been sharpened to their safe limit .
From your description it just sounds like wrong blades
There is a difference between fits and works and obviously yours don't work.
No one here works for Oregon and Rivets laid out all of the common blade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.