Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

mrcool

Threads
I just aquired a 1050 and it has Burnt wireing from an oil leak on the "Plastic Drain", what a JOKE...got that taken care of..runs GREAT, just need a GOOD wireing diagram for a 13qr11cp056 with a Kohler SV730 engine..I'd like to return it to Factory or close anyway. Thanks, Texas here

Last edited:

mrcool

Threads
oops..."PS". You can send to my Regular Yahoo mail at gnpcool.

bpakah1948

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I am the proud owner of a Cub Cadet 2235. Love this tractor and haven't been able to kill it, at least engine and transmission wise. My husband died in 2005 and I've been "nickle and dime" repairing it since. The biggest problem I was having is it goes through about 3 drive belts a year, but this year the mower stops and starts intermittently when I'm using it (the PTO is engaged). It will stop (usually after warms up) and will start again after I fiddle with the switch, but only when I decide to give up and drive back to garage.
Anyway...thought I would be smart and bring home the Toro that is at camp. After 140 miles of driving, loading and unloading I got up this morning and mowed half the lawn when the PTO lever brace? fell out. I have been working on it since! Determined to get the lawn mowed. Think I finally have it solved and almost put back together (had to take gas tank out to get to piece.) It's about 85 deg out today so am taking a water break. Oh, by the by, I live in Maine.

Glad to be on this forum and am now quite convinced it is time to take my beloved Cub Cadet apart and fix it properly, even tho nobody had been able to tell me about the breaking drive belt.

Thanks for listening to me "spew"

Barbara

mrcool

Threads
Hey Barbara. I had one come to me that was doing the same thing, Breaking Belts. I found that someone had hit something and Caused the Drive pulley to become"Un-True". meaning it had one side wider than the other. made the belt really vibrate instead of running smooth. you couldn't tell it be riding it, but when you look at it run, you could see "Slack then tight". I replaced the pulley and Solved the problem, been 3-4 years now on the same belt. just looking close at the pulley, you could see wear more on one section than the other. Maybe "Paint" the pulley black, let dry, use it and see if you can see more wear on one side than the other, or by hand, turn the pulleys and see if the belt "sits Higher" in the grove or the Valley 1/8 inch is a LOT at high speed. Hope this helps. (Texas Here)

bpakah1948

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Barbara. I had one come to me that was doing the same thing, Breaking Belts. I found that someone had hit something and Caused the Drive pulley to become"Un-True". meaning it had one side wider than the other. made the belt really vibrate instead of running smooth. you couldn't tell it be riding it, but when you look at it run, you could see "Slack then tight". I replaced the pulley and Solved the problem, been 3-4 years now on the same belt. just looking close at the pulley, you could see wear more on one section than the other. Maybe "Paint" the pulley black, let dry, use it and see if you can see more wear on one side than the other, or by hand, turn the pulleys and see if the belt "sits Higher" in the grove or the Valley 1/8 inch is a LOT at high speed. Hope this helps. (Texas Here)

Thanks a bunch. I will be checking that first thing and will let you know how I make out. Would love to solve the problem, gets expensive changing belts. But I am an expert at it now, LOL

Wgeorge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy!
Muhammad keeps reminding me to check in; well ... I'M HERE...! And since I'm more analog than digital, I won't do fancy stuff like pictures and all.

My collection of equipment includes lots of old stuff including a 1440 and a 1610 Hydro. A sometimes inept 'do it yourselfer,' when I need something special I turn to the web (a real challenger to us analogers) for "how to" advice from the pros, and to avoid the frustration of creating a bigger problem. There's usually someone smarter than me out there who has got the answer, if you can just get their attention. I guess you can say I'm looking for attention. Hopefully I'll connect with you in my time of need for attention.

druth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well it's just a little bitty cub cadet that I bought used because big Woods zero-turn is in the shop for another 2 weeks and the grass doesn't know how to ease off until I'm ready to mow.

Where is best place to find exploded parts diagram for deck? Deck is 38" LT/manual 331190.

Thanks.

The Skipper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well it's just a little bitty cub cadet that I bought used because big Woods zero-turn is in the shop for another 2 weeks and the grass doesn't know how to ease off until I'm ready to mow.

Where is best place to find exploded parts diagram for deck? Deck is 38" LT/manual 331190.

Thanks.

I have had good luck with exploded parts diagram for my Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor at the web site of Smith Equipment. Their Web Site address is: Welcome to Smith Equipment's CUB CADET SUPERSTORE

I have purchased all my parts through them since purchasing my CC in 2011. Their toll free phone number is 1-866-260-6403.

The Skipper

druth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last edited: