Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

RLW_LT2138

Threads
Hi :newhere:

As you might be able to tell from my user name, I do not have a classic or large Cub. I looking for a forum that can help me with a problem with my LT2138 mower. If this forum is not targeting lawnmower style Cubs, I would welcome a suggestion of another forum. If I have found the right forum, I'll start thread to discuss my issue.

Rich
Central Illinois

Threads
Hi :newhere:

As you might be able to tell from my user name, I do not have a classic or large Cub. I looking for a forum that can help me with a problem with my LT2138 mower. If this forum is not targeting lawnmower style Cubs, I would welcome a suggestion of another forum. If I have found the right forum, I'll start thread to discuss my issue.

Rich
Central Illinois

:welcome: You can post your problem in either this thread or this general forum: Cub Cadet Forum

silverstreek

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! I finally went out and purchased a new Cub LGTX1054 with the Kohler 26 HP in March last year. I couldn't have been happier with the way this mower cut the grass until recently. Unfortunately this year after a big 11 hours of total use since new, I heard the all too familiar clanking noise coming from right side rocker-arm cover. I had used it the day before and it ran great! Only when I started it just to move it did I hear the clanking under the rocker cover. Thinking if this wasn't too bad? I decided to remove the rocker cover to see if the push-rod wasn't adjusted correctly from the factory and possibly came out of the rocker? Oh well......... When I removed the cover I found the push-rod was bent like a piece of spaghetti. I immediately replaced the cover and called the nearest service center because the engine was still under the factory warranty. So far I haven't heard back from the dealer to know what they found and had to replace? The good news is I have a 14 year old Craftsman mower with a Kohler engine that hasn't missed a lick since the day I purchased it new!

Knowing this is one heck of a way to introduce myself!:confused2: I just wanted to say hello and read up on any great ideas that come along on this site! As for the Cub? I'm not worried about it! Things will happen when they do. At least I don't have to use a push mower until it's fixed........

Take care,
Silverstreek

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Worked the cub cadet hard today.
image-331091412.png

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Attachments

• image-872543240.png
    image-872543240.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
  • image-2854230992.png
    image-2854230992.png
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • image-1361607251.png
    image-1361607251.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll guess that spot is not mowed once a wk.... :smile:KennyV

blues730

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, guys. I have a 2008 GT1554, and it`s great. I`ve had almost no trouble with it. I`ll definitely get another Cub Cadet.

wmjack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First! --- & LT-1018 Starting Problem

I have an LT1018 that has been great for the past few years. In fact, we really rely on it for fall clean up here in New England because our property has old growth oaks and maples that throw a whole bunch of leaves when the weather turns cold.

The mower began starting hard late last year so I looked on the web and found that Briggs & Stratton 18.5 HP ELS 500 (Mine is a Model 31Q777; Type 0305; Trim E1) engines have valves that go out of adjustment. I initially thought the battery was heading south, but then found out that the hard cranking was a symptom of the valves being out of adjustment. Once I reset the valves, it turned over and started like a champ.

This summer the mower was running well with no problems at all. I finished mowing and put it away one afternoon and all seemed OK but when I tried to start it a few days later, the engine turned over fast but would not start. I checked the troubleshooting section of the owners manual and found that one likely issue was the magneto air gap being out of adjustment. I reset that, checked the plug for fouling and all seemed well but the machine would still not start. I then replaced the magneto and checked the gap again but nothing. I then checked the seat safety switch (dead man's switch) for continuity and found it to be fully functional.

My next step is to check the carb solenoid and the black wire under the magneto to see if I have spark. Before I go any farther down this path I thought I'd see if anyone on the forum has experienced the symptoms I'm seeing and, if so, what they found to be the problem. Thanks in advance.

Cub1050

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everybody, my name is Devin and I own a 2010 LTX 1050VT. So far I love this tractor but now I'm having some issues and hoping I can get some help on here. The drive belt kept flying off, and I noticed the bolt snapped on one of the pulleys on the back of the deck. Replaced the bolt and put a brand new belt on, 10 min later snapped the new belt in half. Does anyone know what could be causing this?