Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Threads
Hey Everyone.

New member here. 1st time on a mower forum. I'm more comfortable with the 2 wheeled forums, but here goes...
Just ordered a new ZForce S commercial 48" mower. My dealer told me he should have it in towards the end of next week, so if the snow stays away I may be mowing with it by next weekend. :thumbsup:

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! That sounds like a nice machine...maybe you can post pictures of it once it arrives! :thumbsup:

pchristop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy - checking in on this forum and thank you for sponsoring it - I have an LTX 1040 on which I lost the drive. It won't go backward or forward, and I hope it is the drive belt. I think there are 2 belts on the 1040, but am not sure. The PTO belt controls the blades I believe and there must be a drive belt also - it has a tendency not to do too well on hills and today it just stopped. Any hints?

Paul Christopher

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... think there are 2 belts on the 1040, but am not sure...
.. it has a tendency not to do too well on hills and today it just stopped. Any hints?

Paul Christopher

Hello Paul & WELCOME to these Forums....

Look under the engine... I'll bet you need to replace the Drive belt. :smile:KennyV

pchristop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Paul & WELCOME to these Forums....

Look under the engine... I'll bet you need to replace the Drive belt. :smile:KennyV

Thanks KennyV - if I do replace both belts and I till have no drive, where could i learn to find and fix what is wrong, because when I do look at the belts, I see no evidence that they are broken - I can't see one of them without detaching the mower bay.

Paul

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks KennyV - if I do replace both belts and I till have no drive, where could i learn to find and fix what is wrong, because when I do look at the belts, I see no evidence that they are broken - I can't see one of them without detaching the mower bay.

Paul

There are several things that can go wrong...
But Before looking into other things you need to establish that the Drive belt is Good OR Bad... :smile:KennyV

The Skipper

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LT 1046KW that I purchased in 2012. It is the best rider I have owned. Goes through tall grass like a knife through soft butter. Absolutely love it.

macsplinter

Threads
I have a RZT50 with the Kawasaki engine. I mow about three acres and this is my first zero turn. It is two years old and it is a mowing machine. Had a J.D. 455 and it was a good mower, but for just cutting grass, you can't beat a zero turn.:thumbsup:

Threads
I have a LT 1046KW that I purchased in 2012. It is the best rider I have owned. Goes through tall grass like a knife through soft butter. Absolutely love it.

:welcome: Welcome to LawnWorld! I'm glad you like your mower! :thumbsup:

Threads
I have a RZT50 with the Kawasaki engine. I mow about three acres and this is my first zero turn. It is two years old and it is a mowing machine. Had a J.D. 455 and it was a good mower, but for just cutting grass, you can't beat a zero turn.:thumbsup:

Nice zero-turn! :thumbsup: