Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey everybody, my name is Devin and I own a 2010 LTX 1050VT. So far I love this tractor but now I'm having some issues and hoping I can get some help on here. The drive belt kept flying off, and I noticed the bolt snapped on one of the pulleys on the back of the deck. Replaced the bolt and put a brand new belt on, 10 min later snapped the new belt in half. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I would get under it and look for any spots that shine that will tell you where the belt is rubbing.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

lss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a rzt 50. And it needs a new engine .

mgilmore213

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a CC owner and have a LT1018, 18.5 HP. Have never had any problems with it except now have a starting problem, some type of electrical issue. I guess I will post more info on this separately.

Dogband

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from already hot, muggy, East Tennessee. Geez, its not even May yet.

250 hours on a 5 year old 1042, that sees three seasons of duty. Tows a 3x4x1' wagon, hauling dirt from mulch pile to garden, mows all summer, then hauls leaves and drags bundles of tree cuttings to road on a regular basis. Did have to change drive belt last summer, tech said it was due to towing so much. I have also have changed the mower deck blade once. Also lost a tension idler pulley bearing, which I replaced fairly easily.

Mower winters in an outbuilding, that got below zero a few times this winter. Battery was stored in the warm garage, and it started just fine a few weeks ago. Mower is maintained very well.

Decent performing mower, strong, but unsatisfied with high cuts being even. Came here looking for a solution to that problem. Retiring in 2 months, and love to mow slowly and get a good high cut.

Raised bed gardener, herb gardener, very picky about my very manacured and landscaped yard, accomplished chef, married 32+ years, acoustic guitar/mando player, lover of all dogs especially Cairn Terriers.

Blessings to you all. R

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello from already hot, muggy, East Tennessee. Geez, its not even May yet. 250 hours on a 5 year old 1042, that sees three seasons of duty. Tows a 3x4x1' wagon, hauling dirt from mulch pile to garden, mows all summer, then hauls leaves and drags bundles of tree cuttings to road on a regular basis. Did have to change drive belt last summer, tech said it was due to towing so much. I have also have changed the mower deck blade once. Also lost a tension idler pulley bearing, which I replaced fairly easily. Mower winters in an outbuilding, that got below zero a few times this winter. Battery was stored in the warm garage, and it started just fine a few weeks ago. Mower is maintained very well. Decent performing mower, strong, but unsatisfied with high cuts being even. Came here looking for a solution to that problem. Retiring in 2 months, and love to mow slowly and get a good high cut. Raised bed gardener, herb gardener, very picky about my very manacured and landscaped yard, accomplished chef, married 32+ years, acoustic guitar/mando player, lover of all dogs especially Cairn Terriers. Blessings to you all. R

Could be time to level the deck. Make sure all tires have the same psi.

Has it always cut uneven on high?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
.... unsatisfied with high cuts being even. Came here looking for a solution to that problem. ...
lover of all dogs especially Cairn Terriers.

You may have to try various blade designs to find what works best with your particular deck, grass, and height you want to finish cut.
You are about to retire so you May have a bit of time to experiment with this... Cutting grass tall, and level, is always a bit challenging.
No matter what you may do wrong in the future (or the past) I think you will have a permanent Pass based on the fact that you are a fan of Cairn Terriers.... They are the BEST. :smile:KennyV:smile:

thehitmandj

Threads
Hello....

Unfortunately I don't love my lawn tractor enough to have a picture of it.....maybe I will if I ever get it fixed!!

2010 Cub Cadet SLTX 1054 VT I inherited from my wife's ex.....lol

Worked fine until I put a plow and chains on it last winter and tried to push a lot of snow, now she whines a lot but she no go....

Ken "The Hitman" DJ

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello.... Unfortunately I don't love my lawn tractor enough to have a picture of it.....maybe I will if I ever get it fixed!! 2010 Cub Cadet SLTX 1054 VT I inherited from my wife's ex.....lol Worked fine until I put a plow and chains on it last winter and tried to push a lot of snow, now she whines a lot but she no go.... Ken "The Hitman" DJ

Yes things happen like this when you abuse a mower.

You over worked the hydro trying to push to much snow at one time.

thehitmandj

Threads
@carscw - So what damage did my "abuse" actually cause?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You over heated the pump. Will be cheaper to just replace the whole transaxle

A hydro is good for convenience of not needing to stop and shift. Bit they are not made to be worked hard

You can take it apart and change the oil and maybe it will go back to working