SURPRISE

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not the technical guy to ask :laughing:but it does do both. Simply saying it articulates in the middle would not tell you that it actually does flex/oscilate in the middle. It would only say that the two parts turn independently of each other on a horizontal plain. But you could still have an overall solid frame. Downside is that if your front left tire goes up on a curb, then your lifting off your back left tire from the ground. So your decreasing your traction and stability. The oscilating part allows it to flex in the middle or on a vertical plain so all 4 tires can stay in constant contact on the ground. If that answer isn't satisfactory then I can ask engineering on Monday, then get ready to read a book :biggrin:

:laughing: No, you'd need to ask advertising.....as why they just didn't say "pivots both laterally and Horizontally"..........

But, I don't need a book.......like I said, I was takin a poke........cause this is the only action here tonight....:biggrin: Watch me fade away if/when the rest of the forum wakes up! laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
gauge position.jpg

This shows where the gauge was on the tool box lid ! :biggrin:
I held the tractor in position with the foot control while I took the pictures.

Ventrac

Threads
:laughing: No, you'd need to ask advertising.....as why they just didn't say "pivots both laterally and Horizontally"..........

But, I don't need a book.......like I said, I was takin a poke........cause this is the only action here tonight....:biggrin: Watch me fade away if/when the rest of the forum wakes up! laughing:

Really? Pivots both laterally and Horizontally in marketing? Haha we both know that sounds odd. :laughing: The pokes are what keep us on our toes :thumbsup: But now you got me curious, I don't think it is an advertising thing versus something that has just been used since the 70's for our designs. Now I have to ask on Monday :smile:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 1860

This shows where the gauge was on the tool box lid ! :biggrin:
I held the tractor in position with the foot control while I took the pictures.

Regardless, you lived...:smile:

So, all the "you could've_____" can be left to the lawyers....so they can make new stickers you HAVE to place on the machine...:wink:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
No problem, I make mistakes too ! :rolleyes:

My bad BK!!! Not sure how I screwed that up (well actually I do, I was replying to another thread awhile ago to a baker lol) It won't happen again! :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The parking brake only locks the front axle - the foot control holds both front and rear with hydro pressure.

Nice rigging. Why not just put the parking brake on :biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Really? Pivots both laterally and Horizontally in marketing? Haha we both know that sounds odd. :laughing: The pokes are what keep us on our toes :thumbsup: But now you got me curious, I don't think it is an advertising thing versus something that has just been used since the 70's for our designs. Now I have to ask on Monday :smile:

Doesn't sound too odd - seeing you put 'articulating' and 'oscillating' right next to each other.....:tongue:

Maybe 'vertical pivot'....what the heck do you call it then? If oscillating is just 'variable' (and, in LENGTH, when referring to radio waves), and a 'pivot' is only lateral/horizontal, what would be Snapper's pivot? It doesn't oscillate...it pivots, but in relation to the front end/back end. I think that's what you're trying to describe.

But, in a plain old tractor, an axle that moves like that is not oscillating, it is a pivoting axle. And, a 'center steer' tractor that pivots like a worm (only laterally) is articulating...but the very definition of 'articulate' includes the word 'pivot'.......Hmmmmmm :confused2:

I have to have you baffled, because I'm confusing myself.....:laughing:

Ventrac

Threads
The parking brake only locks the front axle - the foot control holds both front and rear with hydro pressure.

True, you have 16sq. in. of braking power per tire, so it is very good, but it would be pulling the turf more as it is the front two locking versus all four.

Also a thought on the oscillating part it still makes sense to me.
Oscillate: to swing or move to and fro, as a pendulum does.
If you would pull the tractor up with a crane by the hitch in the back and held it vertically, the bottom half would be able to swing or move to and fro like a pendulum :biggrin: Just takes a little thinking outside of the box lol

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
True, you have 16sq. in. of braking power per tire, so it is very good, but it would be pulling the turf more as it is the front two locking versus all four.

Also a thought on the oscillating part it still makes sense to me.
Oscillate: to swing or move to and fro, as a pendulum does.
If you would pull the tractor up with a crane by the hitch in the back and held it vertically, the bottom half would be able to swing or move to and fro like a pendulum :biggrin: Just takes a little thinking outside of the box lol

Or would it SWIVEL? If held at an angle, and a circular motion applied.......how would it move then? :biggrin: