SURPRISE

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Congrats on the 2,500 post club Kenny! :thumbsup:

Hey... Thanks ... I didn't notice it toll it was gone ... and yesterday I was working on a big farm tractor most of the day & into the night... :smile:KennyV
PA... AND I still didn't notice it till just now, that there even was such a thing...

Slater

Threads
This wasn't really a surprise to me (or my neighbor for that matter :laughing:) but I had to pull my neighbor's toro ZTR out of a damp, yes damp, spot in the front of his yard THREE times yesterday. He has a small embankment in the front of his yard, I guess visualize it as a ditch. I went over and didn't even turf the yard when I pulled it out. You would think that after the first or even the second time that he would think twice before trying to mow it :laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had mine nearly 7 years now and still can't believe all the things it will do. I don't want to get OVER confident, but it is surprising how much traction this machine has with just 4 wheels - put the dual set on and it is AMAZING ! :thumbsup:

I was mowing last week in a spot so wet (at JRs) that it was making "fog" throwing up so much moisture from the grass - He said at times he couldn't see the tractor - just the cloud. Never even spun a wheel. :biggrin:

ruster1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well.. has been some time since i have posted on this site.. it is about time I started.. I recently picked up my 31HP diesel from the spring service.. and have been (as my neighbors say).. cutting the mud (2 straight weeks of HEAVY rain)..in western pa.. I have the duals.. and 72" deck for my steep hills.. and while my neighbors are cutting mud.. I was traacking right over top of the muddiest parts.. YES.. i was leaving mud tracks, but only from pushed down grass getting brown.. but not creating caverns or gorges.. from which the grass will never recover.. the 10" of grass was also cut with ease.. even did 2 passes to ease the burden on the grass.. amazing machine for my use.. even have my neighbors with the GREEN MACHINES leaning on the end of a shovel talking about my ride and cut quality.. they have never seen anything like this before.. nothing but a good experience for me.. I did forget to re-adjust the wieght transfer when going from 60' plow to my 72" deck.. which did plow the front end a bit in turns.. but after realizing what i forgot to do.. and pull 5 chains out to get most of the deck weight back on the tractor.. problem solved.. love this equipment.. I may demo the brush cutter this year.. ! ! !

Slater

Threads
Great to hear! I have been fairly absent as well due to the grass growing like wild fire here in OH :confused2: Demo the tough cut because it is SWEET!!

A little about my weekend:
I was involved in a community cleanup project this week with C.O.O.L. (Community Outreach Of Love)
Almost 3k volunteers :thumbsup: which was AWESOME!!
My uncle and I each had a 4231TD Ventrac and were planning on doing mostly stump grinding all day. We also took the tough cut and a few slip scoops. After doing a few stumps and moving to another location, I ran across a landscape company that was volunteering for the day and they were mowing an empty lot that had about 2-3ft of grass and was raised up so it had about a 30-35degree slope the whole way around the lot. They had a push mower on top and 3 guys using weed eaters and one guy on a 4WD belly mount green and yellow tractor :biggrin: They had been working on it most of the morning and the other tractor could only get its front tires and deck onto the slope and the back tires would spin out and tear up the turf really bad. So I offered to mow it for them and the guy said "Well I can't even start up with my 4WD JD so I don't think you could do it." Well I kept my mouth shut and just said that I would get get my deck and be back and we could try it out. I came back while they were heading off to lunch and they said "Try and get whatever you can and we will weed eat the rest." I went up that hill without a problem, not spinning a single tire, and since I did not have duals I just went straight down, stopped at the bottom and backed up the hill rather than going sideways. I didn't see the guys faces when they returned, but there were a lot of people stopping on their way back to lunch and taking picture. It took me about 10 minutes to do it all (could have done the lot in 30 minutes while they had 5 total guys working about 3 hours and weren't finished yet. Talk about a time saver) then I went across the street and did the other lot that they could not do :laughing: That was one of the surprise moments that some of the people had that day:smile:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just think what you could have done with the duals on ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
I prefer to drive up and back down - that way my back stays on the back of the seat.
My dealer has Ventrac send me a bundle of Brochures every time they have new ones. I give them to everyone who wants one (a few fit in the manual holder inside the tool box).

Slater

Threads
Just think what you could have done with the duals on ! :biggrin: :thumbsup:
I prefer to drive up and back down - that way my back stays on the back of the seat.
My dealer has Ventrac send me a bundle of Brochures every time they have new ones. I give them to everyone who wants one (a few fit in the manual holder inside the tool box).

I always drive down then back up because that always seems to impress people more, the ability to be able to stop in the middle of a hill and back straight out. :thumbsup: I will need to get some brochures from my dealer to start handing out, can't be outdone by BK! :laughing: