SURPRISE

Ventrac

Threads
What would you estimate the slope to be in those pictures of the Dam ??? :confused: :biggrin:

It is incredibly hard to estimate slope from photos. We struggle truly portraying how steep a slope really is with videos and pictures, can't ever get good depth (Believe me, I run up and down the slopes filming at most of the shoots and it is no fun!!:biggrin:)

People never really understand what 30 degrees is until they try to walk the hill. I would maybe say that the 5th photo from that angle could be 25 to 30 degrees, but then again I am just trying to guess from a picture and may be completely off :confused2: Looks like you have a slope indicator though so you should be able to tell me :thumbsup: or do I not want to know :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could, but I won't get on that slope sideways :eek: - I could probably mount the slope indicator on the tool box (I may try that) to get a reading. One of your Demo guys ran all over that slope up and down and sideways. I'll see if I can get a slope reading when it dries out a little !
It is incredibly hard to estimate slope from photos. We struggle truly portraying how steep a slope really is with videos and pictures, can't ever get good depth (Believe me, I run up and down the slopes filming at most of the shoots and it is no fun!!:biggrin:)

People never really understand what 30 degrees is until they try to walk the hill. I would maybe say that the 5th photo from that angle could be 25 to 30 degrees, but then again I am just trying to guess from a picture and may be completely off :confused2: Looks like you have a slope indicator though so you should be able to tell me :thumbsup: or do I not want to know :biggrin:

Ventrac

Threads
It's ALWAYS better to be safe! :thumbsup: Some people shouldn't drive on a 20 degree slope due to inexperience, turf conditions, or other variables. A quick and easy option is to just put the slope indicator on a spare 2x4 and try it out that way, no need to mess around with mounting then :smile:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - I'm not worried about tipping over with the duals on the machine, but it will slide sideways if you hit a wet patch. I'd rather go up and down. I'll see what I can do to get a slope reading and a picture of it.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads

This is the slope gauge on the dam (best I could do without the duals and wet ground) This is not the steepest spot.
A little over 20 degrees without the dual wheel / tire set on wet ground. :biggrin:
Slope closeup .jpgDam Slope 1.jpg

Ventrac

Threads
Looks good! Currently the ground is so saturated there is no sense in trying to mow the steep parts with the way turf conditions are right now :thumbdown: I like mowing grass, but you can't do it when your yard looks like a pond :eek:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, when it is more dry and I put the duals on, I'll see if I can get a better shot of the gauge on a steeper part of the slope. :thumbsup:
I don't believe any Zero Turn will do what this Ventrac will do on a slope ! :biggrin:

Calling for more rain this afternoon - we have been behind on rainfall totals, but it does not need to come so fast and so hard - I'd love slow steady rain overnight and dry for a few days then slow and steady again (not asking too much am I) :rolleyes:

Ventrac

Threads
I'd love slow steady rain overnight and dry for a few days then slow and steady again (not asking too much am I) :rolleyes:

You and me both :biggrin: Have had constant flood warnings for the better part of a week already and it will continue through the end of the week.

Slater

Threads
Nice pictures BK! I keep forgetting to take some when I am out, will try to do sometime in the next week :smile:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slope Gauge 39.jpg Slope 37+.jpg
Finally got to mow the back side of our Dam today. It has been too wet and still is in spots. Dual wheels mounted and I put the Slope Gauge on the cover of the tool box - the picture of the gauge is with the tractor near the top and reads about 39 degrees. the 2nd picture is from the far side looking back to where I got 37+ (39) on the gauge. :thumbsup: