SURPRISE

Ventrac

Threads
Or would it SWIVEL? If held at an angle, and a circular motion applied....... :biggrin:

I guess it seems it is all how you look at it. All I know is I have heard it in the industry, especially in the european market quite a bit, even canadian market. The european industry is where articulating tractors are most common. I am pretty sure Stiga and Husqvarna have a unit in europe that articulates and 'oscilates'.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess it seems it is all how you look at it. All I know is I have heard it in the industry, especially in the european market quite a bit, even canadian market. The european industry is where articulating tractors are most common. I am pretty sure Stiga and Husqvarna have a unit in europe that articulates and 'oscilates'.

So it's to add some 'euro flare'? Again, I say advertising dept...:laughing:

Ventrac

Threads
So it's to add some 'euro flare'? Again, I say advertising dept...:laughing:

We shall see once I ask engineering, I think your giving too much credit to our marketing :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
We shall see once I ask engineering, I think your giving too much credit to our marketing :laughing:

True......maybe they went to engineering and got the words and said "HEY! THAT SOUNDS GOOOOD TOGETHER!"?

It does roll off the tongue rather nice......"articulating and oscillating frame". "Swivelling frame" although simpler, does sound a tad 'down home'.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
FYI - I respect your brand. I have no need or income to get one, but they are an oddity that is in a class unto itself. Very cool indeed - in a Caterpillar kinda way! :thumbsup:

Ventrac

Threads
FYI - I respect your brand. I have no need or income to get one, but they are an oddity that is in a class unto itself. Very cool indeed - in a Caterpillar kinda way! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the great dialogue and complement twall, we do strive to make a top quality product!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hope it was clear to everyone that I am careful and keep the tractor off from side slopes that are above 25 degrees or so :thumbsup:. The Ventrac with Dual Wheels mounted is safe from tipping, but I still use the drive up and back down method for steep slopes. As you can see the slope on this dam is nearly 40 degrees and unless it is wet, the Ventrac will handle it safely. Most of the slope is under 30 degrees and backing down each pass keeps me from being at over 30 degrees for any extended period of time. The drive up and back down also keeps my back on the seat backrest. I have the suspension seat witharm rests.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope it was clear to everyone that I am careful and keep the tractor off from side slopes that are above 25 degrees or so :thumbsup:. [/COLOR]

I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's had to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Al thou your tractor could most likely do it, there is no good reason to test the absolute limits to things that can break... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, I like to think I left my "Young and Stupid :eek:" behind a while ago! :biggrin: :rolleyes:
I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's hard to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Al thou your tractor could most likely do it, there is no good reason to test the absolute limits to things that can break... :smile:KennyV

Ventrac

Threads
I figured you were a bit safety conscious... It's had to acquire any age and be reckless at the same time ...

Congrats on the 2,500 post club Kenny! :thumbsup: