SURPRISE

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Be careful ... thats too steep ... I have rolled a tractor before, trying to find its limits, not something I want to do again...
Stay lucky and watch out for unexpected soft spots & holes... :smile:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am only going up and down and have the dual wheel set mounted - the Ventrac is nearly as wide as it is long with the Duals on. The Ventrac rep. was all over that slope both up and down and across -- I'm not that crazy ! The Ventrac articulates and oscillates and keeps all 4 corners on the ground. One of the reasons I have this machine is for the low center of gravity and stability. :thumbsup: I AM careful !

Be careful ... thats too steep ... I have rolled a tractor before, trying to find its limits, not something I want to do again...
Stay lucky and watch out for unexpected soft spots & holes... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The word "oscillates"......are you meaning a 'twisting' motion? Oscillation is the description of an inward-outward movement from a fixed point......or does the Ventrac do that, too?

Would "pivot" be more appropriate?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm using the word that Ventrac uses - There is actually a Ball type joint connecting the front and rear of the tractor.
articulating.jpg

Discover the center articulating and oscillating difference. The Ventrac tractor frame pivots and oscillates in the center giving it incredible flexibility, gentle touch on turf, and an advantage on slopes and rough terrain by keeping all four tires in contact with the ground all the time.

Center Oscillating Frame:

The front frame oscillates independently of the rear frame. This allows the Ventrac to adapt to the terrain and keeps all four drive tires in contact with the ground even on the roughest terrain.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm using the word that Ventrac uses - There is actually a Ball type joint connecting the front and rear of the tractor.
articulating.jpg

Discover the center articulating and oscillating difference. The Ventrac tractor frame pivots and oscillates in the center giving it incredible flexibility, gentle touch on turf, and an advantage on slopes and rough terrain by keeping all four tires in contact with the ground all the time.

Center Oscillating Frame:

The front frame oscillates independently of the rear frame. This allows the Ventrac to adapt to the terrain and keeps all four drive tires in contact with the ground even on the roughest terrain.

Although, the actual word "oscillate" can mean just "variate". Didn't someone start a thread on what word to use for what? :laughing:

Most commonly, it's used to describe variances in radio wave frequency. So you have a radio-controlled tractor with an oscillator in it......:biggrin:

Ventrac

Threads
Although, the actual word "oscillate" can mean just "variate". Didn't someone start a thread on what word to use for what? :laughing:

Looks like baker already wrote on the oscillate part, but here is the page he pulled it from.
Ventrac - Advantages: Center Oscillating/Articulating Tractor
Oh and baker I am just going to close my eyes and not look at your slope indicator :biggrin:
Kenny is right that you need to be safe but you will slide to the bottom before tipping. In this case you have a flat bottom so you are safer, but it would be a different story if there was a dropoff at the bottom or a pond.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like baker already wrote on the oscillate part, but here is the page he pulled it from.

Okay...then why use articulate and oscillate if you intend 'oscillation' to mean 'variable'? Because it sounds cooler and gets you closer to a justification of Ventrac's price? :biggrin: A ball-type joint would SWIVEL. Too plain for ads?

Just messin with you guys.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who is baker ? -- it's B.K. Brown -- Again -- I'm going straight up and down the slope (front pointed to the top and back pointed to the bottom) the gauge was mounted on the top of the tool box just behind the hydro controls so slope indicated was front to back not side to side as it would be when mounted on the rear edge of the hood -- I would not go across that slope !
Ventrac - Advantages: Center Oscillating/Articulating Tractor
Oh and baker I am just going to close my eyes and not look at your slope indicator :biggrin:
Kenny is right that you need to be safe but you will slide to the bottom before tipping. In this case you have a flat bottom so you are safer, but it would be a different story if there was a dropoff at the bottom or a pond.

Ventrac

Threads
Okay...then why use articulate and oscillate if you intend 'oscillation' to mean 'variable'? Because it sounds cooler and gets you closer to a justification of Ventrac's price? :biggrin:

Just messin with you guys.

I'm not the technical guy to ask :laughing:but it does do both. Simply saying it articulates in the middle would not tell you that it actually does flex/oscilate in the middle. It would only say that the two parts turn independently of each other on a horizontal plain. But you could still have an overall solid frame. Downside is that if your front left tire goes up on a curb, then your lifting off your back left tire from the ground. So your decreasing your traction and stability. The oscilating part allows it to flex in the middle or on a vertical plain so all 4 tires can stay in constant contact on the ground. If that answer isn't satisfactory then I can ask engineering on Monday, then get ready to read a book :biggrin:

Ventrac

Threads
My bad BK!!! Not sure how I screwed that up (well actually I do, I was replying to another thread awhile ago to a baker lol) It won't happen again! :biggrin: