YTH2448 won’t move

Triton192

Threads
Your belt should have this number, Husqvarna 532178138. When you stop both wheels does the fan on the transaxle keep turning?
I’m not totally sure what you mean. There’s a video above that show the wheels off the ground and turning, but I can touch with my foot and it goes backwards. When it’s on the ground it doesn’t move.

Triton192

Threads
If both wheels are stopped and it squeals I would then assume that the transmission fan is not turning? Am I correct? If I am then one of three things is occurring. Wrong size belt, too loose. If you purchased on Fleabay or AutoScam this is a definite possibility. Bad tensioner pulleys or tensioner arm not moving freely. Belt not routed properly.
The fan continues to turn when the wheels are not. The belt is tight. The squealing seems to be coming from the hydrostatic drive.
See this video it show fan turning the shaft coming out of the side of the case but can easily stop slight wheel turning with your hand.

Triton192

Threads
And there three different drive belts for the YTH2448 series. This is why you need to first look parts using the actual model number off the serial tag and it is not the YTH 2448 number. It the number that start with 96 as there are 12 versions of this mower.

And that noise to me does not sound like a belt squeal but more like an internal transaxle problem.
I’m thinking you are correct. I did take the belt number off the hood and bought that belt albeit an Amazon non name brand but it fits very well. The tell tale for me is when the mower is not in neutral mode in the transaxle I can still roll it. Before this issue I had to diengage the transaxle to move it.

Triton192

Threads
A little more info please
1) just bought it or owned from new ( or 2nd had a long time ago)
2) how may hours ?
3) where did you get the belt from & what was the brand / part number ( if you still have the sleeve )
4) did you remove either of the rear wheels when you replaced the belt ?
5) if you jack up the rear so the wheels are clear of the ground then start the engine & engage the drive do the wheels turn in the same direction , opposite direction, one moves & the other does not . If the latter, have a close look at the wheel that does not move, is the axel moving ?

Get back with that info & we should be able to sort you out pretty quick .
1) just bought it or owned from new ( or 2nd had a long time ago) owned 10 years 2nd owner. Trouble free
2) how may hours ? 250
3) where did you get the belt from & what was the brand / part number ( if you still have the sleeve )Amazon
4) did you remove either of the rear wheels when you replaced the belt ?no
5) if you jack up the rear so the wheels are clear of the ground then start the engine & engage the drive do the wheels turn in the same direction , opposite direction, one moves & the other does not . If the latter, have a close look at the wheel that does not move, is the axel moving ? Rotate same direction but you can make them go backwards but if you touch them they stop. There is a shaft on the bottom right of the gear box that is turning and it goes forward and backward. I have videos but can’t seem to upload them. Uploading to you tube will send links when they are live. Thanks for your help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) just bought it or owned from new ( or 2nd had a long time ago) owned 10 years 2nd owner. Trouble free
2) how may hours ? 250
3) where did you get the belt from & what was the brand / part number ( if you still have the sleeve )Amazon
4) did you remove either of the rear wheels when you replaced the belt ?no
5) if you jack up the rear so the wheels are clear of the ground then start the engine & engage the drive do the wheels turn in the same direction , opposite direction, one moves & the other does not . If the latter, have a close look at the wheel that does not move, is the axel moving ? Rotate same direction but you can make them go backwards but if you touch them they stop. There is a shaft on the bottom right of the gear box that is turning and it goes forward and backward. I have videos but can’t seem to upload them. Uploading to you tube will send links when they are live. Thanks for your help
SO basically you have no power from the transmission
Get your hands on the fan / pulley and a good strong torch on the input shaft or other hand on the top of the shaft
If the fan turns but the shaft does not, it has stripped out
A reasonably common fault

Triton192

Threads
SO basically you have no power from the transmission
Get your hands on the fan / pulley and a good strong torch on the input shaft or other hand on the top of the shaft
If the fan turns but the shaft does not, it has stripped out
A reasonably common fault

Triton192

Threads
To
Me
It seems like the power is going into the transaxle not coming out. If you watch this video the fan and pulley are turning. There’s a shaft on the right side of the transaxle the moves forward and backward depending on shift position. Wheels have nothing to them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The input pulleys are often splined
These strip out
We ask you to do tests because we need to rule out more common problems
So please do the tests as requested or all that you will get is guesses

Triton192

Threads
The input pulleys are often splined
These strip out
We ask you to do tests because we need to rule out more common problems
So please do the tests as requested or all that you will get is guesses
Will do but I’m a little confused when you say “get a good strong torch on the input shaft”. I assume you want me to try and turn the fan/pulley and try to prevent shaft from turning?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fan & the pulley are bolted together
that assembly sits on the input shaft
What you are trying to ss is if the the pulley is in fact turning the shaft on a 1:1 ratio
There are lots of ways to do it and the exact method I use depends upon how much space my fat fingers have to work in
So some times I put a white dot on the pulley & the shaft that align
rub=n the tranny for a couple of minutes under high load ( low engine revs full pedal in both F & R ) then check the dots still align
Some times I can get a pair of pliers on the shaft under the pulley and while holding the shaft try to turn the pulley
Some times I just put my finger on top of the shaft and feel for the shaft turning in sync with the fan
Your symptions would usually be 1 of the following which for me are roughly in this order
1) belt failure ( includes clutch idlers & springs )
2) pulley stripped on the input shaft
3) wear in the hydro controls ( includes debris build up around the transmission )
4) worn out transmission
The other 2 are loss of hydro fluid which is usually evident and owners omitting to replace the drive key in the rear axels ( all except MTD )