Yawzya that's expensive.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The one for my Kawasaki is over $300. So I went the cheapo Amazon route. I'm glad I did. I got a 90% good one on the first try.
Just think JD wants $703.75 for carb on the Z950R engine. Which even the Kawasaki one lists for $551.50. Now of course I pay less ($438.20) for it if needed but installing $75 in parts (throttle shaft and bushing) is less.

But buying is painful if I needed to go that route.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just think JD wants $703.75 for carb on the Z950R engine. Which even the Kawasaki one lists for $551.50. Now of course I pay less ($438.20) for it if needed but installing $75 in parts (throttle shaft and bushing) is less.

But buying is painful if I needed to go that route.

I find it a weird that I can get a new Holley 600 for less than $400. Way bigger. Way more parts than anything that goes on a small engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I find it a weird that I can get a new Holley 600 for less than $400. Way bigger. Way more parts than anything that goes on a small engine.
Not really as go smaller tolerances has to be keep a lot closer so more involved the manufacturing process. However even some small engine carbs are dead simple to make.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a 20+ year old gator that needed a needle and seat in the carb. JD only spared the carb at $350 plus a special order fee. KAWASAKI showed the engine as John Deere only with no parts list. Found a $2 needle that worked. That was 5 years ago. I wonder what that carb is now? If you can get it.
Must be carb week. I cleaned and rebuilt 2 old Briggs flo jets, 2 tecumseh push mower carbs and a couple string trimmer cube carbs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hmm don't know if carb week but has been head gasket month here. 15 so far.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not really as go smaller tolerances has to be keep a lot closer so more involved the manufacturing process. However even some small engine carbs are dead simple to make.

Not really. Just a different size drill bit. The CNC's do most of the work. The machine operator just has to change bits and check parts to see if they're within spec.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But if it is only the brake pad that worn out. Then it is cheaper but of course you need a couple rivets.
Which is the repair that I did. For my area the 5/32 rivets are kind of hard to find.