Yawzya that's expensive.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That’s not bad, once had a 6” long 1” DIA tailpipe for an Onan muffler that had a list price of $119.00. Needed one for a unit on an RV, so manufactured one out of stainless steel pipe for less than $25.00.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just put an ECU/throttle body assembly in a 8kw portable generator a couple weeks ago. ECU was $715.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mufflers are part of the mower
Thus they are made in small numbers unless the mower uses the factory standard muffler
Thus they are a lot more expensive
Generally I find the cheapest one for the engine then modify it to fit the mower

lugbolt

Threads
those mufflers are usually not exclusive to bad boy. Look at the muffler body and see if it has any numbers on it. Sometimes they do, where the actual manufacturer stamps it. If so, just google it.

if it stamped with bad boy number, they probably make it in house.

It may very well have a cat inside of it. Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of small engines have kitty cats in the mufflers now. Price went way up on em too.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have seen carbs run for over $500.00 dollars.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PT check out the following link. But they are currently on back order. I think it is because they are custom built.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PT check out the following link. But they are currently on back order. I think it is because they are custom built.

From the description:
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN AFTERMARKET MUFFLER AND IS NOT A 100% MATCH. THERE ARE SOME DIFFERENCESBETWEEN THIS ITEM AND THE OEM VERSION. WITH THAT SAID WE HAVE WORKED OUT MANY OF THE FITMENT ISSUES AND HAVE HAD SEVERAL CUSTOMERS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL AND USE THIS MUFFLER ON THEIR MOWER.****

Yeah, kind of chancy. Are they hand bending all these?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have seen carbs run for over $500.00 dollars.

The one for my Kawasaki is over $300. So I went the cheapo Amazon route. I'm glad I did. I got a 90% good one on the first try.