What to do with 2 week customers?

Mike88se

Threads
I really agree with these two answers. Unfortunately you can't force customers to see the sense in that. Some will and some won't is my experience. If you can afford to drop them because your profit margin isn't good then that seems the best solution. I'm just a part timer though so take that for what it's worth.
I would say explain to them that you can make it look nicer if you cut it weekly, because the grass gets too long, but then you said it is fine after 2 weeks. :rolleyes: Maybe have some sort of discount/offer if they switch over to weekly, but make sure you still make enough money from that service.

Tell them it promotes root formation and gives you a thicker lawn thus having a nicer yard.

Threads
If you do the bi-weekly thing I think you need to consider your mowing schedule and how much your making in that hour. Say your doing three lawns per hour at say $17.50 a cut, that's 52.50 per hour your making, that should be your bi-weekly per cut rate. If your Bi-weekly client doesn't like the rate tell them to find someone else and walk away. As far as I can see you can't afford to do it for any less and make money.

Yes sir Ric that makes perfect sense to me.

Crawdad

Threads
I add them, but I charge higher per service than the weekly service clients (sample weekly $80 a month, bi weekly $55) and I don't offer them the perks of weekly clients, I charge them extra for the services if they want them. I explain the benefits of the weekly care and explain the perks of weekly care i.e. more consistent root growth, weed control, fertilizing and weed spraying included etc. Most will convert to weekly if you show the benefits and the cost difference. Currently I have 20% bi weekly and they are all on non premium days (ie mon tues. only!)

Weekly, 80 a month? Even in the months when there are 5 cuts?

Holy Mackerel!

Here's how I've been known to do it...If someone's lawn is small enough to do for 30 bucks, and after I give them a 30 weekly price, they say they want it cut every other week, I tell them it's $45. I'm gonna have to mow it twice most times, but I don't have to double the rate to 60, because I'm only driving there and unloading once. I'm probably driving right past them anyhow, because I have a tight route.

10 day cuts? Not happening, I'm in a different neighborhood that day, and not going there for 1 lawn, just so they can save money.

This aint no hobby, folks!

lawnbarbers

Threads
Well in the beginning I agreed on every 2 weeks as I was trying to build my business. But as it went on its became annoying. The grass honestly is fine at every 2 weeks but still lol. Most I have at $35 some at $60-$70 depending on yard size. I live in WV so the grass only grows April-October so making a 12 month contract wouldn't make sense for me.
if you have time in your schedule the every 2weeks can put some $ in you pocket. I usual have these type of customer at the beginning of the week, they get no extras for free. They are also the first customer to be dropped when the weekly's start to come on board. I base all my yards on $1 a minute weekly or not, this way everyone is being charged the same. Then I do extras for the weekly customers. Everyone likes free! I'm starting to see recycling surcharge in my area...just like a fuel surcharge others charge.

The Don'z

Threads
Hi I'm new to this forum and have found very useful info on here.

I have 26 customers and all but 3, want their yards cut every 2 weeks. I would prefer to cut more often to make more profit. How without being an *** could I do this and what do you guys do in cases of this with your business?
I'm just trying to find ways(along with adding more customers) to make more profit.

What I have done in the past, is to tell them that I need to charge them extra (if it's a really thick lawn) for the wear and tear on my equipment and the extra fuel and time required to do their lawns,, I haven't had any complaints about it yet, and have had a few (but not many) customers go to every week mowing, especially during the spring/summer seasons. But currently almost all of my customers have dropped back to once a month due to winter and the cold snap we've had here in South Texas.

mikec280

Threads
if you have time in your schedule the every 2weeks can put some $ in you pocket. I usual have these type of customer at the beginning of the week, they get no extras for free. They are also the first customer to be dropped when the weekly's start to come on board. I base all my yards on $1 a minute weekly or not, this way everyone is being charged the same. Then I do extras for the weekly customers. Everyone likes free! I'm starting to see recycling surcharge in my area...just like a fuel surcharge others charge.

Sorry for the late response I havemt been on here for a while. When you say free, what exactly do you offer? I'm just trying to get some ideas. I have a lot of customers that never give a definitive schedule confirmation. Some say oh well maybe 10 days or 2 wks. I know that's my fault for allowing it and I'm going to put my foot down before I get started back.

lawnbarbers

Threads
Sorry for the late response I havemt been on here for a while. When you say free, what exactly do you offer? I'm just trying to get some ideas. I have a lot of customers that never give a definitive schedule confirmation. Some say oh well maybe 10 days or 2 wks. I know that's my fault for allowing it and I'm going to put my foot down before I get started back.
By free I mean blowing the driveway of sand and stuff...we won't charge for extra bags...if they have bags from weeding the garden we will take them with us to recycle centre for no charge...also cleaning up yard of toys so we can do our service...just a few ideas...everything has a value if we put a price to it

CardinalLawnCare

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually, it is really troublesome. I also dealt with 2 week customers in the past so I decided to adjust my packages. Just like you, I also offered the same packages so what I did is that I explained to them that there are better deals rather than cutting their grasses every 2 weeks. Some disagreed but most of them decided to get a better package.