what size landscape trailer

Threads
I took a look at an open 5x12 trailer with raised sides and it was junk. The metal was rusting the gate was broken and the wood was rotting!! The guy wanted 900 for it. I'm now looking for at least a 6x12 but everything on Craigslist seems like its junk.

Wow that seems expensive for a heavily used trailer! Maybe you should look for new ones because right now I am looking at an ad for Tractor Supply Co. we got in the paper in June (yes, I kept it!) that is advertising a 5x8 mesh floor trailer for $599.99. Yes, I know the trailer you were looking at was larger, but he wants $300 more for a rusty trailer! I think he might be asking too much!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow that seems expensive for a heavily used trailer! Maybe you should look for new ones because right now I am looking at an ad for Tractor Supply Co. we got in the paper in June (yes, I kept it!) that is advertising a 5x8 mesh floor trailer for $599.99. Yes, I know the trailer you were looking at was larger, but he wants $300 more for a rusty trailer! I think he might be asking too much!

The thing is if I were going to pay $600 plus for a trailer I'd save a little longer and buy one with a 2x6 lumber floor. You can buy a new 5x10 with a 2x6 wood floor for somewhere around $800. My 6x12 was only $985 new and it's rated for 3600lbs. TSC has the 5x8 mesh and it's listed now at $699.99 and its payload is like 1500lbs. My two mowers alone weigh 1500lbs. Most of TSC trailers have a 2000lb and under payload rating and your payload is something you really need too look at for future use when adding mowers and equipment.

Kimpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took a look at an open 5x12 trailer with raised sides and it was junk. The metal was rusting the gate was broken and the wood was rotting!! The guy wanted 900 for it. I'm now looking for at least a 6x12 but everything on Craigslist seems like its junk.

If your future plans include employees as well, I would suggest that you invest a little more and buy an enclosed trailer. I have seen employees going to bathroom on the customers lawn and being caught by the customer. That's not a pretty picture. With the enclosed trailer, you may make them more dignified.

boston

Threads
Yea im still looking around for one. I only want to spend $7-800 and it seems I'm seeing more 6x10 trailers for that price so I might settle for that. Also it will be easier to turn and better for the truck if the trailer is smaller and not as heavy.

Threads
Yea im still looking around for one. I only want to spend $7-800 and it seems I'm seeing more 6x10 trailers for that price so I might settle for that. Also it will be easier to turn and better for the truck if the trailer is smaller and not as heavy.

Yep, it will be easier to turn and is lighter, but remember the smaller the trailer the harder it is to back up. That is nothing to worry about or a reason to change your mind, but I just wanted to remind you.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
2012 TRIPLE CROWN 6X16 EQUIPMENT TRAILER

sale-ico.png

2012 TRIPLE CROWN 6X16 EQUIPMENT TRAILER, BRAND NEW TRIPLE CROWN TRAILERS 4 x 8 - $795, 5 x 8 - $825, 5 x 10 - $860, 6 4 x 12 - $995, 6 4 x 16 ... $1395

Orlando, FL
David s Trailers
(877) 480-1969

I'm sure you can find a distributor for your location. If you can find a dealer in your area they may have some 2011 models you could possible pick up cheaper.

boston

Threads
I just bought a 6x12 yesterday. It looks practically brand new and my explorer towed like there was noth

ForumRunner_20130104_093600.png

ing behind it. I posted a pic if it .

Big Den

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will be looking to buy a trailer, but have yet to start looking. My question is this. When you designate a trailer as 6'x12', 6'x14' etc. I'm assuming the 6' is the deck width? If so, what is the total dimension of width, counting wheels and fenders? Can I easily back this width trailer into my garage which has a 9' opening? Or can I go wider on trailer? My biggest mower will be a 54" zero turn. Is 6' what I'm gonna need? thanks

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Will be looking to buy a trailer, but have yet to start looking. My question is this. When you designate a trailer as 6'x12', 6'x14' etc. I'm assuming the 6' is the deck width? If so, what is the total dimension of width, counting wheels and fenders? Can I easily back this width trailer into my garage which has a 9' opening? Or can I go wider on trailer? My biggest mower will be a 54" zero turn. Is 6' what I'm gonna need? thanks

You mite have a problem getting it through a 9 foot door. I've got a 6x12 Triple Crown and it measures just better than 8 foot wide including fenders. If you use any type of trimmer rack, it's going to be real tight. The inside width is 6'5" x 12' You could get a 54" ZTR on without problem.