what size landscape trailer

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
On Monday, 6/23, I am driving to south Georgia to pick up my new enclosed trailer from the factory. I ordered a 6' x 12' enclosed trailer with a V nose and rear door ramp. The interior height is 6'3" which is OK because I am under 6' tall. The right side of the trailer has a 32" door for access. Options I chose are 16" OC floor supports, extra vents (necessary in Florida), LED exterior lighting, and a spare tire. Total cost is $2220 at the factory. I'm saving about $300 in delivery costs by driving 190 miles to the factory and 190 miles back. When I get the trailer I will post pics. I'll also post pics as modifications are done to customize if for my business. The exterior is white. Therefore, I have the base for a mobile billboard for my business. I have already contacted a sign guy to letter it up. One of the reasons I chose to go with an enclosed trailer is that I live in a city in which you can not park a trailer in your driveway or your back yard. The code enforcement zombies will come and write you up. My wife wants the garage for her new car so my stuff has to be packed up and parked in a storage yard. I can't safely park an open trailer with equipment in a storage yard. Going to fetch the trailer and loading it daily will be a real buzz killer and a pain in my butt. Another reason is that I service clients in upscale areas. In those upscale gated communities equipment appearance is as important as the finished lawn and shrubs. Finally, my equipment will be out of the weather and locked away safely. More to come.

We have a 16' enclosed trailer. It is great. For us it has too many advantages to go back to an open trailer.