What is your favorite landscaping job?

Bomba

Threads
GentlemanFahmah,
I'm with you on that.......this year, I'll be coaxing the moles out of my yard via traps, diazonon, poison bait grubs, etc. to find another yard to hang out in and destroy:0)
P.S.
As for the question asked in this thread......I'm just a homeowner, not a professional but the ONLY landscaping job I "enjoy" is riding my new Gravely around the yard(with the blades engaged:0)!!!! All of the rest of it(mulching, trimming shrubs, etc.) is too much like WORK:0)

Trimming shrubs I really dislike! I'm gonna love trimming grass etc after I pick up my new trimmer next week!!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep.:thumbsup: Especially the ones that are in need of being maintained that have gotten way out of hand.

wjjones,

You guys are making me want to "go Pro" when I retire:0)
Of course, "real" Professional Landscapers do it ALL(all of the other things involved that are being mentioned, other than just cutting the grass). I wouldn't be a good fit for that "post retirement career". I don't even do my own yard's weed-eating(I make my wife do that while I ride around the yard on my Gravely drinking ice-cold Michelob Ultra's:0)
I had a friend(co-worker in IT) who had a Lawn Care business on the side and his legs from the knee down looked rough(from weed-eating and similar tasks while wearing shorts in the hottest part of the summer). Everyone who thinks "Lawn Care/Landscaping" is a "cushy" job obviously has never done it for a living. Seriously, my problem(physically) with doing Professional Landscaping is the fact that I am a Polio survivor and I don't have the leg strength to do that kind of heavy-duty manual labor(like all the walking you are required to do for weed-eating, etc.). That's why my wonderful wife of 32 years does the "grunt work" for our landscaping chores. Of course, I could always hire her for my "retirement Lawn Care business"......right?:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What model of Stihl chainsaw is that in the pic?
If your talking about the avatar, the Stihl Pole Saw is the HT 75 the other is the Stihl MS 181 it's a 16"

Bomba

Threads
If your talking about the avatar, the Stihl Pole Saw is the HT 75 the other is the Stihl MS 181 it's a 16"

MS 182 ok. I have a Stihl saw also. And a blower. I'm getting a Stihl trimmer next week I can't wait. That Stihl stuff is addicting!! Using a craftsman trimmer right now and after an hour using that thing my hands are trembling and I have needles and pins in my forearms.

Bomba

Threads
wjjones,

You guys are making me want to "go Pro" when I retire:0)
Of course, "real" Professional Landscapers do it ALL(all of the other things involved that are being mentioned, other than just cutting the grass). I wouldn't be a good fit for that "post retirement career". I don't even do my own yard's weed-eating(I make my wife do that while I ride around the yard on my Gravely drinking ice-cold Michelob Ultra's:0)
I had a friend(co-worker in IT) who had a Lawn Care business on the side and his legs from the knee down looked rough(from weed-eating and similar tasks while wearing shorts in the hottest part of the summer). Everyone who thinks "Lawn Care/Landscaping" is a "cushy" job obviously has never done it for a living. Seriously, my problem(physically) with doing Professional Landscaping is the fact that I am a Polio survivor and I don't have the leg strength to do that kind of heavy-duty manual labor(like all the walking you are required to do for weed-eating, etc.). That's why my wonderful wife of 32 years does the "grunt work" for our landscaping chores. Of course, I could always hire her for my "retirement Lawn Care business"......right?:0)

I loved reading that, DJ. haha!!!

Parkmower

Threads
I love being on a mower. My favorite is the 72" husq zt. I mow for hours at a time, several acre areas and I slice and dice them in a different direction every mow and the big comfy ztakes it a blast!!! I'm an operator, I love being on something whether it a mower, tractor, loader or backhoe.

Bomba

Threads
I love being on a mower. My favorite is the 72" husq zt. I mow for hours at a time, several acre areas and I slice and dice them in a different direction every mow and the big comfy ztakes it a blast!!! I'm an operator, I love being on something whether it a mower, tractor, loader or backhoe.

I'm with you on that one. I love being on my ZT when all of the weed eating and border work is done.

X-man

Threads
What part of landscaping/lawncare do you most enjoy?
I love cutting the grass most. I don't know why but I think the scent of freshly mowed grass is relaxing.

And a cold one after! :drink:

Bomba

Threads
I love cutting the grass most. I don't know why but I think the scent of freshly mowed grass is relaxing.

And a cold one after! :drink:

The cold one after it is almost as good as cutting the grass! :)

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The cold one after it is almost as good as cutting the grass! :)

Yeah, the only other downside to a Zero Turn is that it is more difficult(but not impossible) to sip on a cold one "while mowing". Mine does have a cup-holder built in to the left gas tank which tells me that drinking while mowing is "encouraged" by the manufacturer. But the lap bar design tends to occupy both hands to control the ZTR:0(
I'm practicing putting one hand(the right one) in the middle of the lap bars when on a long straight run and grabbing a drink of my nice cold Michelob Ultra with the left hand, but it sure was easier with a steering wheel on the old lawn tractor. I figure I'll have that lap bar technique perfected by the end of this mowing season:0)