WD-40, duct tape and a big hammer will fix anything.

I was always told that a "monkey wrench" was shaped like a pipe wrench, but had no teeth. A "Crescent" or "Adjustable Wrench" was shaped like an open end wrench, but adjustable.
Plumbers used the "monkey wrench" to turn pipe caps and plugs that had a square head extension on the fitting. Mechanics used the "monkey wrench" on Large square head nuts or bolts (many of the larger nuts and bolts on larger machines were square head and not hex head).

For us OLD GUYS they are called a MONKEY WRENCH.....:laughing:
 
Interesting, I alsways thought that the "monkey wrench" was the type with a bent handle, like a monkey's tail, or wqould you just call that an "adjustable wrench"?
 
Monkey Hammer.jpg

A broken monkey wrench makes a useful hammer.
I keep this one on my welding table to use when things need a little adjustment.
 
Back
Top